Friday, June 17, 2016

Box Kitteh!

Like I mentioned yesterday, we had some fun and games to attend to this morning. I had my morning cup of joe, er, brotein bar, and I was good to go!


Then, for the next hour and a half (a long time, I know), this is what I saw (and heard):


Picking up rocks in a field isn't actually all that bad. It sure beats picking up sticks, and I think I'll always stand by that. Plus, there's something satisfying about chucking rocks 30 feet through the air and hearing them clang off the metal of the bucket. There's also something testosterone-boosting about throwing rocks through the air and hitting other rocks in the field. That crack when the two rocks hit, or that thud when you miss, are just such satisfying sounds to produce.

But our time in the field was inevitably limited. Sidney had to go to work and I had to go to school.

After I got out of class, I headed to the gym to get my daily dose of bro. I did some HIIT cardio on a stationary bicycle, and once I was done, I quickly downed a brotein bar to stave off as much of my muscle loss as possible.


While I was eating my bar and savoring every bite, I watched some bros shoot hoops.


Then I did the more bro part of my routine, where I focused on training my shoulders.

When I got back to my tandoori car, I mixed up some brotein and BCAAs while struggling to breath.


Eventually, my air conditioner triumphed and cooled my car to a nice temperature. It actually got so cold that I had to turn it down a couple notches. Not bad for being almost 100 degrees outside.

I then did some homework, I might've fallen asleep for a few seconds, and when Sidney got home, she baked her muffins and brownies.

I helped decorate the brownies with pretzel pieces, and I couldn't resist eating a few of the salty treats.


Then, after Sidney had finished baking, she needed the labels for everything. I went back to retrieve them, but instead of labels I found a kitteh lounging in the sun room!


Pretty soon, it was time for dinner. I had one more pork tenderloin, and this one was garlic and herb flavored.


To be honest, I have no idea what herbs were included in this flavoring, but I was sure it was going to be good.

Sidney got herself a bowl of mangoes, of which I sampled a few pieces.


She also made use of some leftover mashed potatoes by making potato cakes out of them.


Of these, too, I sampled a small piece.


They were really good, but they had too many carbs. I needed more brotein, and luckily, I had a whole pork loin to eat!

With the pork accounted for, I still had about 400 calories left, so I warmed up some naan and got some hummus. Yallready know how I feel about those two things.


The pork was really good, too, especially when dipped in some hummus! In all honesty, hummus is becoming my new ranch. I could eat it on almost anything. Now, I don't think hummus will ever replace ranch atop my list of favorite stuff to dip stuff in to, but with many fewer calories, it's hard to resist. 

Admittedly, after eating this much pork (listed at 1.7 pounds before cooking), I didn't want to taste it anymore. Unfortunately, the flavor was lingering a bit, so I needed something to cleanse my pallet. I only had about 50 calories left, so I just grabbed a handful of mixed nuts and called it a day. 


 A little later, while sitting around and listening to the Royals game, I noticed a weird sound coming from a box behind the kitchen table. I looked over and saw the plastic in the box moving about. I went over to inspect a bit closer, and this is what I found:


Silly kitteh! She had gotten under a small flap of plastic. Don't worry, she was in no harm of suffocation; she just couldn't figure out how to get out! I lifted up the small flap of plastic and she leapt out to freedom.

And finally, I was joined by a few friends straining to catch a wave of the Royals game.


These frogs just like to sit on the windows, thinking that if they sit there long enough that they may diffuse through the glass into the forbidden world that is the human habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment