Thursday, June 9, 2016

Buttery and Chickeny

Since I still didn't have any brotein bars, I had to yet again resort to alternative supplementation. 


You know, if I don't get any more brotein bars soon, I could just get used to eating peanut butter every morning. It's just so good!

But alas, I soon found myself at Target on a quest for brotein. Along the way, Sidney and I stopped at Starbucks so that she could get a cool lime refresher with lemonade. We ran into her aunt, and while we were there talking, I noticed the breakfast sandwiches they had. They all looked pretty good, and their descriptions sounded pretty good too. There was also a buy one get one free thing going on. Plus, the calorie counts were listed, and I caved. I opted for one of the most caloric sandwiches.


I had never really gotten any food from Starbucks (save for a very rare lemon cake slice), and I was blessed with the presentation of the sandwich in my very own designer white paper bag.


I finally felt like I fit in with the rest of America and the world, although I still didn't any coffee.

But, the sandwich...


The sandwich was good. It was definitely worth the 500 calories it supposedly delivered. Sidney and I then finished shopping at Target. We then went to Aldi to get a few cookie ingredients. Then we went to Dillons to get some of the ingredients that Aldi didn't have. Then we went to Sprouts to get some chicken for dinner. More on that later.

While we were at Sprouts, I found some kind of weird edible thing that looked a lot like a toy for dogs.


Turns out they're some kind of melon. Hmmm, interesting.

After Sidney and I had finally returned home and started making cookies, her mom arrived shortly thereafter. She brought gifts.


Mine was a soft dark chocolate square of deliciousness.


And as we were making cookies, there was inevitable odd number of oatmeal whoppie cookies. Sidney spread some frosting on it and gave me a bite.

Later, she mixed up some peanut butter and powdered sugar for her peanut butter stuffed chocolate chip cookies, and there were these left over:


I licked one clean.

Finally, for dinner, Sidney and I, inspired by the boneless skinless chicken breast we had earlier purchased, decided to make butter chicken.


We got some naan to go with it, and decided to cook up some quinoa to go with it.


I filled my bowl with a fair amount of quinoa...


...and quite a bunch of butter chicken!!


It was actually really good! Unfortunately, we completely and utterly forgot about the naan! It was garlic naan, too!! Gee dang it!

Oh well, we had watermelon for dessert!


And that concluded my day! It was actually a good day of good food without being a day of getting huge! Well done, my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment