Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June Birthdays, Part I

I ended up not having time to go to the store yesterday to re-up my brotein bar supply, so this morning I was left with yet again little choice. I opted for a tasty one. 


I had about a serving and a half of peanut butter. Every time I eat plain peanut butter I ask myself why I don't do so more often. It's just so good!!! Here's a closer up picture, just because.


Mmmmmm, looks yummy! But you know what would make it even more yummy?? A chocolate covered peanut!


Or a cashew!


I then went to class, and then later I went to the gym. I had a scoop of brotein before I lifted, and then I had 2 more scoops plus some BCAAs afterward.

And since today was Sidney's dad's birthday, I went home and helped Sidney prepare a nice dinner for him. My main job was to assume my place on the throne of Grill Master. I kind of cheated by using a cast iron skillet, but meh. I still win. Today, it was bacon wrapped filets.


There were also some garlic and onion mashed potatoes, buttery peas, and a nice salad.


Oh, and Sidney picked up some amazing sourdough bread from WheatFields.


All put together, it was a thing of beauty.


The salad again consisted of lettuce, cucumbers, and carrots. This time I added some creamy Italian dressing, some croutons (because more carbs), and some shredded cheddar.


The main plate was also quite a looker. With two slices of amply-buttered sourdough, a modest portion of mashed potatoes, and a generous serving of peas, my medium-rare filet felt right at home.


But the feast was not over. Oh no, not by a long shot. Being a special occasion (not that we need one), Sidney prepared our signature dessert.


Crème brûlée is just one of those desserts that really is perfect.

  1. It's hard to mess up, and even if you do, it still tastes great. 
  2. It tastes great. 
  3. There is more than one egg per serving (read: brotein!).
  4. And you get to do this:


They all look so pretty!


I swear, the caramelized top layer is just so amazing, and the creamy custard below is also just so amazing. Seriously, this is one of my favorite desserts, and it's one that Sidney and I make!


After all the torching and ramekin licking was over, there was just one more thing that was left. This was more for Sidney than for anything else, but we all enjoy a nice, fresh watermelon.


My sweet Sidney loves watermelon so much. It's her favorite fruit, and she will stop at nothing to enjoy every last bit of it.


Even the water from the watermelon will not be wasted!


She's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment