Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Picking Up Rocks

Today was one of those days where I just didn't find the time to eat. I know that I probably lost all of my muscle today, but I also think that I ate enough food on Sunday to hold me over for a few days.

I had my last brotein bar for breakfast.


I then headed in to the bookstore to get my books for my summer classes. I then went to the computer lab and did some homework for my Western Civilization class. Then I started attempting to backup my photos from an old phone. It turns out that there were a whole heck of a lot of photos, so it took awhile. All this time, I hadn't really planned anything else. So I had no food.

On my way home, I was again enlisted to do some manual labor. With the "sticks" adventure still fresh in my mind, I didn't make the same mistake of not eating anything that I did last time. So, before I left, I had some quick energy.


Then I was off, with Sidney joining me, to pick up rocks. Now, based on my last experience with picking stuff up in a field, "rocks" could mean almost anything. Heck, for all I knew, I could find Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6-sized boulders waiting for me.

Surprisingly, though, when we got to the field, this is the type of rock that I first encountered.


It's even in a heart shape to commemorate this wonderful experience. Most of the rocks were this size, although there were some larger and some smaller. We combed the field, picking up these rocks and throwing them into the bucket of a tractor.



I know what you may be thinking, but there are actually quite a bit more rocks in there than it looks like. The bucket on this tractor is actually pretty big; I don't care what anybody says.

And all the while I had another country song stuck in my head. This time, though, it was Jason Aldean's "Amarillo Sky." I just kept repeating the phrase, "...he just takes the tractor another round," most likely inspired by the fact that Sidney's dad was planting in the same field in which we were picking up rocks in.

Eventually, after we had picked up two bucketfuls of rocks, we had pretty much cleared the field of the biggest and the baddest of the rocks. Then it was time to head home and change.

Sidney and I were then about to leave to go to Worlds of Fun. I wanted some kind of brotein snack, but since I had eaten my last brotein bar earlier, I had to improvise.


I had a big ol' spoonful of peanut butter, and then we were off.

Seeing as how the Mamba was closed last time we were here, that's the first place we went when we got there.


Then Sidney decided to spare all of humanity by ordering a pretzel with cheese.


Oh, and a cherry Coke.


She so graciously allowed me to take a small bite.


With all systems now go, we headed of to various other merriment-inducing rides. One of them was the Zulu.


After a few more rides, Sidney spotted someone with a strawberry shortcake-inspired funnel cake. She then wanted one, so she got one!


It was made fresh, it was thick, and I'll admit that I ate about half. But with the amount of food I'd eaten today, I've still got to be under my calorie limit. But I'm sure I'm also way under my brotein goal too. Oh well, hopefully I didn't get too tiny.

But even if I did, it was worth it. After going for a night ride on the Mamba, and with only 10 minutes remaining until the park closed, we headed for the exit. We decided to pass by Sea Dragon to see if it was still running. It was, and we ended up getting our own private ride. We were the only two on the entire ride, and it was nice and peaceful.

After this final ride, the park closed, and we left. We got to ride a lot of rides this time, and we left feeling satisfied. It was a good visit to Worlds of Fun, and today was a good day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment