Tuesday, April 26, 2016

More Chicken

Albeit not a whole chicken, I ate what may have well been a whole chicken. But more on this in a minute.

I started out with a brotein/BCAA combo shake.

Then I had a brotein bar for lunch.

When I got home, I started on dinner. I pulled out one of those packages of chicken breasts, defrosted it in the microwave, sliced them up into strips, put some seasoning on them, and grilled them on the George Foreman.

I calculated that, after the brotein shakes and bars I'd consumed earlier in the day, I'd need about 24 ounces of chicken to reach my daily brotein total of 185 grams. So be it.

After all the strips were done, I measured out exactly 24 ounces of chicken. Here's what that looks like.


This is literally just 1.5 pounds of chicken on a plate. I knew this would get hard to eat near the end, so I loaded up a bowl of ketchup. I love chicken and ketchup together, so I was excited.


As you can see, I got around 100 grams of ketchup. I was aiming for 102 grams since that would be 6 servings and 120 calories of this particular ketchup, but this scale only goes in increments of 5 grams. So I did my best to BroScience it.

I ended up using every last bit of ketchup, and to be honest I probably could've used a bit more. This was not only because it tasted good, but because after about a pound of grilled chicken, it's just hard to keep eating it. It's funny how something that tastes so good at first can taste so bad after 1.5 pounds...

Anyway, after this chicken and ketchup, I still had over 700 calories to spare, so I indulged in a sweet treat.


Ridicule me all you want, but at 90 calories, Nerds Ropes are one of the best treats you can get. Plus, I just love them anyway. They're just so good, and I can't explain why. I mean, it's just a bunch of Nerds stuck to a squishy rope-like thingy. Whatever it is, it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment