Monday, April 25, 2016

04.24.2016 Symphonious Magic

In light of yesterday's extreme cheat, I went light today. This was truly one of the more difficult days, food-wise, that I've had in a while.

I started my day right, with a scoop of OG Metabolic Drive Chocolate brotein, generously provided by Scott.


In the time between this brotein shake and leaving for the symphony, I broke down and had a dark chocolate covered almond.


But it's dark chocolate, so it's good for me. And it's an almond, so it's good for me.

Then we left for the symphony. We got there and got our seats.


If you're keeping a running total, I'm running on 120 calories of brotein and a dark chocolate almond. But that didn't matter yet. I actually really love classical music. But today, the Kansas City Symphony played no ordinary classical music. In fact, it wasn't even true classical music. They played music from John Williams's score for the Harry Potter movies. Having grown up with these movies, especially the early ones, the music really stood out to me and has become so iconic that it was truly an awesome experience hearing it live.

After this concert, my parents suggested we try Anthony's Restaurant and Lounge. It's an Italian restaurant, which I love. The problem is that I just had an extreme cheat day yesterday, and I didn't want to completely destroy my cut.

Being a really good Italian restaurant, they brought out fresh and warm Italian bread and butter.


I had one piece with butter and then one more bite of a second piece.



Now, I've been wanting to try this place's Fettuccine Alfredo for around 9 months, ever since I found the best Alfredo in the mountains of North Carolina last summer. But now that I'm cutting, and since I just had a huge cheat day yesterday, I didn't want all the carbs. So I ordered "Pollo Provolone" aka Chicken Parmesan.


It was really good, so I don't regret ordering it. It came with a side: either Eggplant Parmesan, baked potato, or pasta. After much deliberation, I chose the pasta option upgraded to include Alfredo sauce.


This is where the extremely difficult part comes in. I took a bite of it, and it was the best Alfredo I've had since the magical Alfredo I had in North Carolina. But I didn't eat it all. I restrained myself. I ended up taking most of it home. This is what I ended up with after probably 3 or 4 bites.


Then the waiter suggested a new dessert that wasn't yet on the menu. It was eclair cake. Of course, we had to try it. We got one small piece to share between Sidney and I and my parents.


I had two small bites, they were delicious, and then I was done eating for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment