Wednesday, March 23, 2016

National Puppy Day!

In order to celebrate all things puppies, I...well, did nothing related to puppies. I went to the gym, does that count?

I didn't suspect so. But, even on this national holiday of incredible significance, I stuck with my routine. I had a classic brotein bar for breakfast, although I unfortunately dropped half of it on the sidewalk while attempting to open it while walking to class this morning. Ah well, I guess I got a little tiny today.

For lunch, I had another Clif bar. This time, it was crunchy peanut butter flavored. Surprisingly, and pleasantly so, it wasn't literally crunchy. But it sure did taste good. Plus, it had 11 grams of swoletein and 5 grams of fiber! That's pretty much a miracle bar right there!

I went to the gym, feeling great about everything. I was sure it was going to be good day. I hopped on a bench, did my warm up sets (not 135 lbs as every other bro would lead you to believe), and was still feeling great. Even having just taken a week off from lifting in favor of stuffing my face with carbs, I could feel a PR coming on. I opted to repeat the sets I had done the week immediately prior to Spring Break, just to get back into it. I threw on my first work set, unracked the bar, slowly lowered it to my chest, and attempted to press it back up. It didn't feel good. I was able to complete the prescribed 3 reps in the set, but it just felt really difficult. The same holds true for my second work set. My third work set was more of the same. On this third and final set, I always go for as many as possible. Two weeks ago I did 6 reps. This week I only managed 4. I guess that's to be expected, but I only missed 1 week. Oh well, hopefully next week is better!

I did a few sets of pull-ups, and then I moved on to my broutine of biceps curls and triceps extensions. After my first set of curls, I realized that the bad lifting day wasn't confined to my bench. I could barely scratch out my 3 sets of curls. I went and did some triceps rope push downs and then walked out the gym, cutting my usual workout in half.

I had a brotein shake afterward, and headed up to the library to hang out with Sidney for a bit.

Then I headed in to blast my Systematics professor about a homework assignment due tomorrow. After this, I headed home.

It had been awhile since my brotein shake, and I was a little hungry. Remembering that I didn't lift as much as I normally due, I decided to eat lighter. Just kidding! I had a few M&Ms and a mini Reece's cup.

I warmed up a chicken thigh and some mashed potatoes leftover from last night. I placed both of them on a bagel. That was a good idea.



 
This tasted purdy dang good.

I then proceeded to study my tail off for an Evolutionary Biology exam tomorrow. This lasted quite a while, and eventually became hungry again. I considered repeating my chicken potato bagel sandwich, but I decided to change it up a little bit. I heated up another barbecue chicken thigh, toasted the bagel this time, and slathered some cream cheese on the bottom half of the bagel. I lovingly placed the chicken thigh atop this cream cheese-covered bagel half and then placed the top half of the bagel on top of the chicken. This was pure genius on my part.


I felt, however, as though this simply wasn't enough food, tasty as it was. I warmed up some rice and chicken curry from a couple nights ago to go along with this masterpiece of a sandwich.



I'm still trying to get over how delicious that cream cheese barbecue chicken bagel sandwich was. It blew my mind with flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment