Thursday, March 24, 2016

Lucky Socks

Yes, today was a day that called for my lucky socks. I initially decided to wear them to assist me in an exam, but they turned out to bring much more goodness throughout the day. 

The first noticeable luck they bestowed upon me was news of a class cancellation. Not only is a cancelled class always a nice surprise, but the class that was cancelled was the class immediately preceding my exam. So this was doubly good news. I now had an extra 75 minutes of study time. It turned out to actually be rather beneficial, which ultimately means that I didn't prepare well enough when I should have. But that's okay today. 

The next bit of luck was during the exam itself. Going in, I knew the exam would be quite difficult. Natural selection, gene flow, genetic drift, and coalescence can be rather complicating on the technical side, but I felt better than expected with my performance. Shear speculation, of course, since I don't actually know my score, but I feel as though this confidence was party provided by that extra study time. Either way, the socks had already given me two wonderful bits of luck.

And they weren't done. 

It was a Thursday, so that meant that I was staring at nearly 5 hours of effective idleness alone in a computer lab. It drags on after a while, but today was different. Sidney was craving some ice cream and Doritos, so I went to the store, got them, and took them to her. But while I was at the store, I walked by the pre-cooked chickens. Long story short, I got one. And I ate it.I was actually able to eat something before 2130. This is a relatively minor occurrence, and can scarcely be considered luck, but it's a nice change of pace to say the least. 

But I still had my physics lab to attend. Disheartened by the fact that I would like miss almost an hour of the KU Sweet Sixteen game since my lab was from 1900-2050, I quit my tergiversating and sauntered out the door and drove in to town. Upon starting my lab, however, it was clear that it could potentially be a rather quick lab. And that possibility came to fruition. I left the lab at around 2000, and I was home by about 2030, before the game started! This was the 4th lucky thing today!

And the socks were still not done. 

This last bit of good luck may be fairly obvious. The final bit of luck bestowed upon me by these lucky socks of mine was a KU victory and a trip to the Elite Eight. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

These socks have become my lucky socks for a number of reasons. It really stems from the fact that they're my favorite socks. They are my favorite socks because they were a gift from Sidney on my 21st birthday, but also because they have crabs on them. This is significant because Sidney is a Cancer, astrologically speaking. So the socks have sentimental value to me. 


And yes, I wore them in this position all day. 

Now on to food.

I started the day with a classic brotein bar. I had another for lunch, and then a Clif bar was used as a carb and swoletein preparation for my exam. The last Clif bar went uneaten today since I didn't sit in the computer lab for 5 hours.  


Yes, instead of toiling for that long, I went to the store and got, among other things, this:


I ate it. I did leave a little meat for leftovers tomorrow, but I could've eaten it all. I weighed the chicken while it was still whole, and it weighed about 2.8 pounds. I don't know how much meat that equates to, but I didn't leave much. This was a perfect swoletein meal on a non-lifting day. Needless to say I didn't get tiny today. I am glad, too, that I left a little bit for leftovers, because about 15 minutes or so after eating I began to feel really full. But not too full.

I then went to my lab. When I got back from my lab, and before the KU game tipped off, I had a little dessert. I know I didn't lift today and therefore didn't deserve any ice cream, but it wasn't the biggest serving of ice cream I'd ever had, so I didn't really worry about it.


Moose Tracks is really very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment