Monday, March 21, 2016

Choco Choco Chocolate!

The brain needs energy to function at its highest potential. The brain gets its energy from glucose. Simple sugars go straight to the brain in the form of glucose. So, following this bullet proof and error-free logic, and since I needed my brain functioning on all cylinder today, I shotgunned a cupful of sugary cereal for breakfast. It was an off-brand version of Golden Grahams, but I'll tell you what, it tasted just as good if not better than its name brand counterpart. 


It always seems that when I carb up on test days I always forget to bring other food for later in the day. Well, it happened again today. Oh well, I went to the gym anyway. I did some back squats and leg presses. Afterward, I went to the grocery store to pick up some chicken. I got a little over 7 pounds of thighs, but on the way out I grabbed a 99-cent, 440-calorie, chocolate chocolate chip muffin for a recovery meal. It was one of the best recovery meals ever, and I could feel my muscles growing in appreciation.


Later, for dinner, I had some rice and some chicken and potato curry.



I had two identical, rather full bowls.


I also had a couple carby granola bars.

Having been to the gym and having gone hard on legs, I wanted some dessert. As it's now well known, my go-to dessert in this situation is ice cream. I suggested this to Sidney, and she emphatically agreed. Unfortunately, we soon discovered that the only ice cream left was coffee flavored. Seriously, that is the only flavor of ice cream that I literally cannot eat. But no matter! Sidney offered to make some chocolate pudding. Of course I agreed, and I helped bring this to fruition. It was some of the smoothest, best tasting pudding I've ever had.


Seriously, this pudding actually made me question whether or not ice cream was my favorite dessert or not. I made no definite decisions, but just the fact that it made me question it is really highly indicative of how good this pudding really was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment