Monday, March 21, 2016

03.20.2016 On the Road Again!

Today was a travel day. But since Manhattan is only about 90 minutes away from Lawrence, it can barely be considered a travel day. We took the back roads home. Surprisingly, driving through agricultural Kansas isn't boring like everyone thinks. There is some beautiful scenery and some quaint little towns here and there. 

But before we left the hotel, Sidney and I finished off that doughnut lottery box from last night. We each had two. I let her have the purple sprinkly one since its name is related to the main university in Manhattan. 


We went to an apparently really good coffee shop across the street from the hotel. Since I don't drink coffee, I cannot attest to this. But it was really busy on a Spring Break Sunday, so it must be good.

After we got back to to Lawrence, I headed back to my parent's house since I had to retrieve Andrew from the airport later that night. It was lucky that I was at my parents' house since his flight was 45 minutes early.

But before that, I found a QuikTrip cinnamon roll. I warmed it up in the nuclearwave. It was good.


But seeing as how with this cinnamon roll and my breakfast of two doughnuts I had had almost nothing but pure carbs all day, my parents and I made a trip to Freddy's. I got a triple bacon cheeseburger with onions and some fries.


After eating all this not sugar, I felt as though I had over-compensated. So, being at Freddy's, who is famous for their frozen treats, I ordered a chocolate brownie sundae with whipped cream and a cherry on top.


It didn't seem like I ate a lot of food today, but since most of my food was sugar, I'm sure I got plenty huge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment