Saturday, December 24, 2016

An Italian Christmas Eve

Today, since I was aware that we had dinner plans with my parents and friends, I didn't eat anything until then. We would be going to a nice Christmas Eve dinner, so I decided to dress up just a little.


We then met everyone at Carrabba's Italian Grill in Overland Park.


I started off with an Italian salad that had a lot of tomatoes in it.


Surprising to everyone there, I ate quite a few of them. I would even to say that I ate more than half of them. They didn't have that strong of a flavor, and it was even less noticeable with the Italian vinaigrette.

For my main course, I couldn't decide between the chicken Parmesan and lasagna, and I also wanted to try the fettuccine Alfredo. But since this was the first time I had been to an Italian restaurant since Sidney and I made our own amazing lasagna (the best lasagna ever, by the way), I had to at least order the lasagna. Conveniently, there was a menu option that was a chicken Parmesan and lasagna combination. I ordered fettuccine Alfredo as a side, so I ended up getting exactly what I wanted.


Everything was good, but there's a catch. The lasagna was definitely not as good as the amazing lasagna that Sidney and I made. The chicken Parmesan was pretty good, but I didn't have any trouble imagining how it could be better. And finally, the fettuccine Alfredo was actually better than average, but it still wasn't as good as that from La Strada in Lake Lure, NC or that from Anthony's in Kansas City. But, like I said, everything was good and it was an enjoyable experience with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment