Sunday, October 2, 2016

Running on Empty - Applefest and Cake Eating!

A few hours later, after having slept on the couch for maybe an hour or so, I woke up. Yay. If I fell back asleep now, I knew I would likely sleep until noon or later, so I got up and had a quick covert breakfast of some cake scraps and surplus icing. I then proceeded to wash the 9,000,000 dishes and pans etc that I had used to make the cake. 


I then supplemented the cake scraps with a few Oreos.


Sidney and then drove to Weston for their annual Applefest. Already distracted, I stopped to look at a new Volt...


...and a C6 Corvette in the parking lot.


Soon enough, though, and Sidney had torn me away from the automotive distractions. After having missed them last year, this year we went straight for the apple dumplings.


It's literally a whole apple spiral cut and covered with pie crust served warm with ice cream and some sugary sauce. All this equates to a wonderfully sweet and delicious apple pie-like delight.

We then browsed the many vendors' booths that were set up along the streets of downtown Weston. I found this sign particularly pleasing.


And this one too.


We then headed back to the food court area where there were food trucks as far as the eye could see.


I settled on some boneless buffalo wings, which were surprisingly good. They had the perfect combination of flavorful breading and flavorful sauce that was just the right amount of spicy. They were cooked perfectly and were generally very good.


We also got some of the popular "ribbon fries" that several vendors offered. They were good too, being essentially fresh potato chips.


I then followed yet another unbreakable rule of the universe. This rules states that if a funnel cake is available, one must get a funnel cake. One was, so I did.


This ended up taking me about to my limit of fullness. I wanted to eat no more food after that funnel cake was gone.

We then perused some of the stores in Weston. I found this little squirrel to be quite odd. Like why would a squirrel even want to go fishing??


After a while of going through the different shops, getting soap from one and some jam from another, Sidney and I headed back to my parents' house. There was a Chiefs game tonight, so for dinner we ordered hot wings from Hooters.


These are still my favorite hot wings. They're breaded and the sauce is really good. I know that they aren't traditional Buffalo wings, but they're just so good. I've grown up on these wings. We've been getting them for almost as long as I can remember.

Ain't they purdy??


I got 7 wings and some fries...


...and a bowl of ranch, of course!


Now, normally, I would start off with 8 or so wings and then go back and get 8 or so more, but today I was still relatively full from the Applefest food, plus I knew we still had cake to eat!

So, without further ado, I present the cake!


Oh wait, I think it's missing something.


There, perfect! With the decorating finally complete, it was time to cut it! As mentioned earlier, there was Chiefs game tonight, so in light of that, the theme of this cake was...


...yep, Chiefs! You're so smart.


Personally, I think it turned out very nicely, thankyouverymuch.


With the crusting buttercream frosting, it was incredibly sweet and rich. So I added some ice cream! I went with a cherry ice cream that actually went very well with the (not)white cake.


And with that, the day was over. This was a good way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment