Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pumpkins and Picanha (Meatpocalypse: Autumn Edition)

It's been a while since I've partaken in a proper meatpocalypse. Today was feeling promising, but we'll have to wait a little longer to find out. 

First, Sidney and I went to the pumpkin patch with my parents. This is just something that I really enjoy doing. It's just festive, the decorations are nice, and it's somehow peaceful to visit an old bard full of pumpkins in the middle of the country on a nice, warm fall day.




When we got back to my parents' house, I pregamed for the impending meatpocalypse by eating two Halloween-themed Oreos.


I then sat down and watched a little of the F1 race that was one.


This got me in the mood of thinking about Ferrari, so here are a couple pictures highlighting a couple of my favorites.

Up first is the 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia. This is the lighter weight higher performance version of the F430, it's got a stripped interior with no carpet, and it's been tuned to produce more torque at lower RPMs. It kicks you in the back on aggressive upshifts and sounds amazing from behind the wheel. It was the first Ferrari I ever drove, and because of that it holds a special place in my heart.


And next is the 2014 Ferrari 458 Speciale. And though I haven't personally driven this one, I can imagine that it performs quite well. It sounds amazing, and all of the carbon fiber elements are really striking, especially in person.


But anyway, it was now time for a proper meatpocalypse, and the best place for such an event is none other than...


But still before the meatpocalypse can begin, we must prime our sense with a hearty "salad" plate.






I always get a small piece of bread, a small portion of salad with ranch, and some cheese cubes. Today I also got a cold pasta and a warm pasta.


I also decided to try the stroganoff for the first time. I got the accompanying mashed potatoes and rice.


Everything was good so far, but I was ready for the meatpocalypse to begin! GO!!!


With out little indicator thingy flipped, the meats started piling up. Just sit back and enjoy.




That is a proper plate full of various meats right there!


And I waited for a long time until the best thing came around. That would be the top sirloin stuffed with provolone cheese. It just doesn't get much better than that.



There were intermittent spells of cheesy roll consumption.


I even got the double bonus.


But back to the meats! Just when I thought I was done, they came back around, and I found myself helpless against my desire to keep eating!



Finally, though, I had to stop. Everyone else was already well sated, and I was the only one still eating. Feeling the social pressures, I voluntarily ended my meat consumption and turned my sites to dessert. I elected to get the chocolaty cake with the strawberry sauce and actual strawberry.


I survived the meatpocalypse. This time.

No comments:

Post a Comment