Friday, September 30, 2016

September Birthdays, Part 2

With my chemistry lab looming, I needed some brain boosting brotein. Make it so!


Afterward, Sidney and I headed to my parents' house for my dad's birthday. On the way there, we pregamed with a couple cookies.


When my dad finally settled on a restaurant, he chose J. Gilbert's in Overland Park. I've always heard good things about it, but I don't think any of us had ever been there before.

The first thing you need to know is that it's a steakhouse. That's all you need to know.

Like any good steakhouse, bread was the first thing to be consumed.


We all need some good carbs to warm us up for the impending brotein indulgence.

Interestingly, it seemed as though our waiter had it in for me, or at least for my wrist. He placed the steak knife sharp side up very near where my right arm would go should I choose to have poor manners.


But back to the bread. It was warm and the butter was soft. Backups were surely needed.


When the rest of our food came out, I was shocked when I saw my dad's baked potato. He had asked for extra butter, and they sure did not disappoint!


I got the bone-in ribeye with creamed corn and lobster macaroni and cheese.


First, there was the steak.


Then, there was the corn.


Then there was the mac and cheese.


Finally, there was dessert. My dad got the chocolate velvet cake, which came with raspberry ice cream.


I was originally going to go with the same, but then I saw that they had crème brûlée with raspberries. Sidney and I being quite the crème brûlée connoisseurs, I had to get it.


I would say the caramel layer was good; look at the size of that piece!


All in all, this was one of the better steakhouse experiences I've had. This rivaled that of Plaza III. Everything was amazing, the atmosphere was excellent, and the service was very good. I would not hesitate to eat here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment