Thursday, September 29, 2016

September Birthdays, Part 1

I had my brotein bar. Enough said.


Later in the day, I would be picking Sidney up and we would be heading south to Tallgrass Prairie. It's about an hour and a half drive, and since I don't get out of class until around 1600, we would need to leave immediately thereafter. That means we wouldn't have time for dinner. To avoid potential hangriness, I picked up a couple Crunchy Chicken Cheddar wraps from the Underground.


When I got to Sidney's work, we ate these beauts.


This is the best food item available at KU and maybe at any college in the United States. Back in maybe 2012, some website did a College Food tournament, and this thing made it at least to the Elite Eight. I never could find the final results, so I don't know what ended up happening. I'm just going to assume it won.


Fast-forward about two hours, and we were in the midst of one of the largest remaining native tallgrass prairies in the world.


It was actually stunningly beautiful.


There was even a wild mint to be spotted.


After the drive back home, my late dinner consisted of bread...


...and pot roast.


Not a bad way to end the day! I made sure to get extra potatoes because delicious.


I had a little more bread, but the butter was too hard to spread. First world problems, for sure.


Luckily, Sidney is a wizard and knew exactly what to do. She heated up a glass with hot water and then placed it over a stick of butter.


Enter, spreadable butter!


No comments:

Post a Comment