Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fried Chicken Best Chicken

Today was a day. I was about to head to work, but first I wanted to make sure I would have enough energy to make it through my shift. How's this?


Nope, I didn't think so. Not enough. I'll fix it.


Add some milk and I'm golden.


To my surprise, the doughnut had some sort of frosting filling. Bonus!


Later, while at work and on my break, I snagged a chocolate macaroon thingy.


Only I forgot that it had coconut inside.


Unfortunately, I'm still unable to eat coconut. It's been over a year since I became coconut intolerant, and I keep hoping that it'll get better. Still not yet.

Also unfortunately, I once again worked in the back cleaning pots and pans. And once again it appeared as though I had aged 100 years in just a couple of hours.


I drowned my premature aging sorrows in some bread, bacon, pepperjack, and fries.


This is how we sandwich:


Actually, it was quite good. But it's bacon, which is hard to mess up.


When I got home, I grabbed a quick gummy pick-me-up.


Then I was struck by the amazing sunset that was unfolding outside. I ran outside, snapped a few pictures on my phone, then realized that I had never seen anything like this before. I sprinted inside, grabbed my camera, sprinted back outside, and had about 30 seconds to capture the beauty. Unfortunately, pictures don't do it justice, but here's one of my phone pictures:


Those clouds just made for an incredible sight. Everything was lit up so red. It was an awesome sight.

After the blazing sky faded, I returned to what I was doing. And what I was doing was making dinner! I decided to go all out today and make some deep fried chicken.


I didn't have any actual strips, so I cut up some boneless thighs into little strip like pieces.


Into the oil they went.


They were looking pretty good!


Finally, when they were all done, I piled them onto a plate and got busy!


I got some ranch to go with them because ranch.

Here's what I'll say about the chicken. While I believe it impossible for almost anything fried to be bad, especially chicken, these wasn't the tastiest fried chicken ever. I struggle when it comes to seasoning the breading. Live and learn. The ranch helped a lot!

After dinner, I again grazed on some lemon heads.


And on some gummy pumpkins.


No comments:

Post a Comment