Friday, August 5, 2016

Detox? What Detox?

How's detoxing going, you ask? Quite well, actually! Take a look:


For breakfast I had a brotein bar, and for lunch I went back to Sprouts and got some more of these:


I got a little more than 2 pounds, which is way more than prunes. I was admittedly a bit surprised to learn that only 5 prunes was 100 calories, but on second thought I realized that this means that 10 prunes have about the same caloric content as my brotein bars. Wanting to mix it up a little while boosting my detox, I decided to eat 10 prunes for lunch. They're actually quite tasty.


It was then off to finish our baking for the Market. Today we still needed to bake our muffins and brownies. I was in charge of mixing up the brownies, and as such there was this:


You can rest assured that I licked the spatula clean. A little while later I found myself in a staring contest with an open bag of chocolate chips. I decided to eat some to assert my dominance over the chocolate chips.


I also found these interestingly shaped Danish Butter Cookies.


Of course, I tried the most interesting shape. I could only assume that the different shapes tasted differently, but I only had this one cookie.


For dinner, our hosts (Sidney's parents) decided to cook up a couple steaks that were older than Sidney and I's relationship (over 2.5 years). Surprisingly, they weren't the least bit freezer burnt. They were also excellently seasoned and grilled to perfection. To complement the wonderfully aged steaks were some breakfast style potatoes. They were very addictive.


Sidney had to literally put the potatoes away to keep me from eating them.

When we got back home, I indulged in a snack that I had not tasted in years and years and years.


I used to eat these things all the time. But look, I turned out fine. We made this occasion special by pairing them with some milk.


Ahhhh, just look like I remember. It's crazy that a taste that I haven't tasted in so long could seem so familiar. The second I tasted it it seemed like I had just tasted it yesterday.


Needless to say, these things haven't gotten worse over the years. Or if they have gotten worse, my standards have declined in proportion.

Then, Sidney and I broke into her Sprouts peach rings. Like other things from Sprouts, these were just like the run of the mill gas station peach rings but better. They were super soft, they had great flavor, and we ate like half this box.


Oh well, at least we didn't eat the whole thing. So much for my detox, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment