Sunday, July 24, 2016

Wedding Day! (not ours)

Today's the big day! It's wedding day! Don't worry, it's not Sidney and I's wedding. It's a friend of Sidney's family's wedding. More on that in a minute. 

First, the hotel breakfast. I again had a couple omelettes, this time with only cheese inside. I also had one of the hotel's "famous" "cinnamon rolls" and some bacon with a side of Greek yogurt. 


We then decided to return to the Lancaster County Dutch Market, but upon arriving out front, we learned that it is open only on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. This was a major bummer, for now I would go largely gainless, but Sidney and I decided to repeat our bubble tea adventures from yesterday. This time, I got mango.


For lunch, we settled on a local place called BLT Grill. This place serves breakfast all day and is known, as you may have guessed, for their sandwiches. It turns out that they also have good fried chicken wings!


These are full wings, and I got seasoned fries and macaroni and cheese with them. I also asked for ranch, and this is what they brought out:


All restaurants pay attention: this is how you bring out ranch for wings. This is a veritable bucket compared to what most restaurants serve.

After this late lunch, it was soon time to head off to the wedding. Again, a selfie was in order.


Pretty soon, we arrived at the wedding location. There was some suuuuper sweet sweet tea.


There were fried macaroni and cheese balls.



There were pans arranged in a manner eerily reminiscent of Mrs. E's.


And, finally, when the buffet style dinner was served, there was ample quantities of breakfast inspired foods.


Of course, I had to order an omelette.


I got my omelette with spinach, ham, and onions. I also got some shredded potatoes with cheese, a sausage, a waffle with strawberry topping, some ham, some bacon, a biscuit with some gravy, and a blueberry scone.


There was also this:


I think it was a brilliant move getting doughnuts to complement the wedding cake. Even though they sat out for most of the day and were a tad dry, the doughnut I got was still really good. It was a chocolate iced chocolate frosting filled wonder.



I then had a piece of chocolate wedding cake.


It was pretty good too. I also sampled the white variety of wedding cake, which I actually preferred over the chocolate. And then I went back and got another doughnut. It was the exact same as the first one.

Overall, it was a successful wedding. Two people got married, I ate a lot, and everyone seemed to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment