Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Return Travel Day, Part 2: Slightly less huge

Sidney had just mentioned that she wished that Reese's would make a peanut butter cup with crunchy peanut butter, BOOM! Her mom emerged from a gas station with this in tow:


Sidney was kind enough to share this with me, so I had one and she had one.


Sure enough, it had actual peanuts in it.


She also had some McDonald's chocolate milk from last night, and she again so kindly donated a sip to me.


For actual breakfast, we found a diner in some far-west Indiana town.


I ordered the 2+2+2+2, which included 2 eggs (over easy), 2 strips of bacon, 2 sausage links, and two pancakes.


The eggs were farm fresh, and the bacon and sausage were also good.


I threw caution to the wind and ordered my pancakes with chocolate chips. After some butter and moderate amounts of syrup, I was ready to dig in.


Okay, so this was kind of a huge breakfast, but still not as bad as yesterday's buffet. Let's see if I can keep it that way.

A few hours later, we stopped at a Wendy's. I can't describe to you how real the urge to order a quadruple Baconator was. It was very, very enticing. But did I give in?


Nope!


I ordered a single spicy chicken go wrap with ranch. This had a few less calories than the Baconator.

After this stop, I snacked modestly on Sour Patch Kids.


I had a the equivalent of probably a few handfuls, and that was it.

Many hours later, we finally returned home sweet home. I took the pleasure of indulging in what was now a 1-week old cookie.


It was crunchy. Still good, but crunchy. Overall, though, I got far less huge today than yesterday. After all, I didn't feel as though I was going to explode at any point today. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment