Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Judgement Day

Today was an important day. Today was a day that I would be presenting the fruits of my labor. All the hours I spent in the computer lab over the past couple weeks culminated on this day. I would be presenting the findings of my research to my professor. I felt like a masters or doctoral student defending a thesis or dissertation, except that I was largely swerving on the entire project. I counted solely on brotein bars, my lifeblood, to get me through the presentation. 


I had one for breakfast, then I headed in. I found a nice secluded spot where I could talk through my presentation a few times. Lunch time rolled around so I ate my second brotein bar of the day and the last one before I would be speaking.


I did take a few seconds to admire the beauty of the day.


But soon enough, it was time. About 20 minutes before my schedule presentation time, I started walking down to the room. I got there about 15 minutes early to set up my computer and get everything all ready to go. Seemingly a few seconds later, my professor arrived. Alright, this is it. It was happening. I had actually been reasonably calm and confident up to this point. I didn't lose my cool, but the gravity of the situation suddenly came over me. Practically, my ability to accompany Sidney and her family to Washington D.C. tomorrow rested on the results of this very presentation. So no pressure. Here we go...

About 35 minutes later, my presentation was over. My professor liked it. He found it interesting. I made it. I turned in my 22 page report, discussed some details of the research with him, and walked out the room 3 credits closer to graduation. I raced back to the very computer lab that had been so integral in my life the past few weeks. It was here that I had my celebratory Victory brotein bar.


I had done it. I was done with my project, and my 2 other classes could be completed online. This means that I'm done going to class this summer and that I can go with Sidney to Washington D.C. for their friend's wedding. It's a good day.

When I got home, I had some of those Sprouts gummy worms as a second celebratory snack.


Sidney and I then drove to Zona Rosa to meet my parents at a Japanese Hot Pot restaurant.

In accordance with the Groupon that we had, we started with a couple of appetizers. One was calamari...


...and the other was crab rangoons.


Both were really good. The gas hot burner and "hot pot" were then brought out to the table.


And with the hot pot our meat selections were brought out as well. There was some beef and pork...


...and some beef and chicken.


Some solution was then brought out in a glass dish that was later explained as a sauce in which to dip things.


There was also a platter of various "dip enhancers" that included garlic, peppery stuff, and chopped green onions.


There were also these big noodles.


And we couldn't forget the veggies!


The pot full of chicken broth was quickly heated up, and a bunch of the stuff was thrown in. We designated the left side as the veggie side and the right side as the meat side. Everything actually cooked pretty quickly, especially the meat seeing as how thin it was.


My first bowl had a combination of meats and veggies.


All of my subsequent bowls were all various iterations of the same concept. In all honesty, the one thing I enjoyed the most was the cabbage cooked in chicken broth. For some reason, it just had a really good flavor. Weird, I know.

Afterward, my parents, Sidney, and I took a stroll down the block to a brozen brogurt place. It was on.



This time, I managed not to psyche myself out and stuck to two flavors that sounded best. These were Ultimate Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I started off with the chocolate.


Then I added a layer of "cookie dough" pieces followed by a layer of Peanut Butter broyo.


It was then time for more toppings. I started off with some crushed Reese's peanut butter cups.


Up next came some chocolate covered marshmallows and some mini chocolate chips.


The last thing to be added was a quick splash of chocolate syrup.


The only thing this concoction was missing was chocolate. But just look at that wonderfulness:


Like I said earlier, it was a good day. It was a really good day. Sidney and I then drove home and packed for our journey to D.C. in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment