Friday, July 22, 2016

A Travel Day: Part 2

After a night of surprisingly restful sleep, I awoke to this view:


But I didn't stay in the window for long. There was a breakfast to eat! I hurried downstairs and found a pretty wonderful sight.



There were obviously carbs available, but I wanted some brotein too! Luckily, I found just that:


And more brotein!


There were also some carbs lurking in the corner:


But I maintained my willpower...


...for about 2 seconds!


Like I mentioned yesterday, travel days are a lost cause. And today was yet another travel day, so I again decided to take it face first. I got my 4 hard boiled eggs, I got my scrambled eggs. I also got a biscuit and plenty of gravy. I also got some gravy for my scrambled eggs, because gravy. The biscuits and gravy were actually surprisingly good. They weren't WheatFields, but hey, for a hotel they were excellent.

To top it off, I had a bagel and some "light" cream cheese with a carton of chocolate milk.




Ok, in all honesty, I attempted to eat a lot at breakfast so that maybe I would eat less at any place we may stop along the day's travels. Well, let's see how that went.

We found a place that purportedly has really good wings and hoagies. I may be in trouble.


And I was. I got a Philly Cheesesteak and 4 mild wings with ranch.


The Philly was good, with plenty of steak and provolone.


The wings were actually really good. They were smoked wings with Buffalo sauce, which was a first for me. In my experiences, smoked wings are usually just smoked, and wings with Buffalo sauces are fried. But these were really good.


I only got a half order so that maybe I wouldn't gain 10 pounds today, but I did sample Sidney's chicken strips. They were really good too.


Several hours later, we reached our final destination in Germantown, Maryland. We had been dreaming of ice cream all day, so when we got all of our stuff into our rooms, we headed to the nearest ice cream place.


It happened to be a Coldstone, which is fine because that means I knew exactly what I was going to get.


Since I'm completely devoted to chocolate, Chocolate Devotion it is!


In a waffle cone, of course! It was a beautiful outside, so that's where we went!


And this was my dinner! There's nothing quite like having an ice cream cone for dinner. It really is a special feeling, and maybe the sugar will help me sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment