Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Travel Day: Part 1

Travel days are notoriously bad for bros on cuts. So instead of engaging in a futile struggle, I embraced the onslaught head on. For breakfast, Sidney and I had the two leftover crème brûlées from a few nights ago. 


Sidney's dad so thoughtfully donated a small torch to us better suited to caramelizing the sugar on top.


It worked a little slower, but it was much easier to control the amount of caramelization going on.


After a short rest post-torching, a very nice caramel layer was waiting for me to crack in to.


The custard underneath was still cool and smooth and delicious.


We also still had some cookie dough that needed baking, and we determined that a couple cookies would be perfect for the road!



I happened to see a cookie that sort of resembled a heart, and being the incredibly romantic bro that I am, I shared it with Sidney.


After a few hours of driving, we stopped at an east-Missouri diner for lunch.


Look at these burger prices!

 
I ended up ordering a double hamburger with cheese and bacon. It came with onions on the side and for the actual side I opted for cottage cheese for its brotein content.


The burger looked good, and there was actually bacon on top and between the two patties!


When I started eating, I had an interesting thought. For one, I had no spoon for the cottage cheese. I also realized that cheese goes great on burgers, but that I had never tried the cottage variety on a burger. So I tried it.


Somewhat surprisingly, it was actually pretty good! But it is cheese, after all.

A couple minutes later, we stopped at a gas station that just so happened to have brozen brogurt! What are the chances?!


They were having a special that was 2 cones for $2. This was too good to pass up, so I obviously had to get one. This also follows in my head on embrace of today's foodtastrophe.


I opted for the "Dreamy Dark Chocolate" with a special surprise:


I didn't go for a PR in size, but I still got a fair amount.


The dark chocolate flavor was a good choice, and because it's brozen brogurt it is good for me, right?!

Soon, we were passing through St. Louis, which carries with it an obligatory Arch picture.


At the next gas station stop, Sidney picked up some peach gummies.


I had one.


Then I had some more. I also decided to have a cookie.



At the next stop, I picked up some Sour Patch Xploderz. I had never had them before, so I decided to give them a try.




They were interesting, but I like OG Sour Patch Kids more. These were somehow addicting, though, and soon I realized that I had eaten the entire bag. Oh well!

I also tried a SweetTart gummy thingy...


It was interesting too. The theme of these gummy thingies was weirdness.

We eventually rolled into Indianapolis, where we decided it was time for dinner. After a bit of searching, we found this place.


Their menu items had some interesting names.




There were also some more tradition items.


We got the Famous Chips Choriqueso appetizer to start off with.


I got the burrito, which included steak, rice, beans, avocados, lettuce, and cheese. A side of rice and beans came with it.


It looked really good...


...and tasted even better!

Sidney ordered some guacamole, which was also really good.


Everything I tasted at this restaurant was excellent. Seriously, if I ever find myself back in Indianapolis, I will be stopping back into this place. It was seriously very, very good.

When we got back to the car, I decided to have a dessert cookie.


I then admired the sunset over the Indianapolis skyline.


About an hour later, we reached our temporary destination in New Paris, Ohio.


Get ready for Travel Day No. 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment