Saturday, June 4, 2016

Two Bros Go GOLFING!!

BREAKING NEWS: At about 11:58 this morning, two confirmed bros escaped from the local gym. Both of them were wearing tank tops and headed in the direction of the Village Greens in Ozawkie, Kansas. Both of them are known to carry multiple guns and should be considered armed and extremely dangerous. If sighted, unless you speak Bro, you are advised to not approach these bros. Any attempts at communication will result in bizarre snapping and weird sputtering sounds, with occasional flexing of underdeveloped muscles.

But Saturday = Market, and Market = Breakfast Burrito.






Scott them came and picked me up, and we headed over to Overland Park. This is what we found:


This Ferrari 330 is a rolling work of art.


This Ferrari F355 has straight pipes and is loud and sounds so good.

There was also a Ferrari Testarossa...


...a BMW i8...


...some more Ferraris (458s)...


...and a random Porsche 911 GT3RS.


Just three 458s, no big deal.


But we had to get back to Lawrence to pick Sidney up and head out to the golf course! Today was the day of the Tonganoxie Civic Club annual golf tournament fundraiser. But before we left, I fueled up with a brotein bar.


And when we arrived at the golf course, I found some more food!


The brisket was really good, as was the potato salad. So what was I to do?


Make a brisket potato salad sandwich, of course!

Then it was time to head out onto the course to begin our day of bro golfing. 


Scott and I, being bros, were of course wearing tank tops. 



Now, being a bro that doesn't golf that much (once a year), I'm not the best at keeping track of my golf balls. I've been known to lose a few. I looked in my bag, and I only had 10 with me. With the addition of 3 complementary golf balls for the tournament, I was up to 13. But that's still kind of pushing it. If I were to lose one golf ball for every hole, I would run out before the end. Sidney's parents were aware of my worries, so they took matters into their own hands. 

It just so happened that they were the group that was directly in front of us. So, at almost every hole, this is what I found:


They were even so kind as to leave me a whole box of golf balls with a detailed explanation.


This went on until I had 18 extra golf balls. 














Surprisingly, though, with the tutelage of semi-brofessional golf instructor Scott, I managed to play far above my skill level. I only lost 4 balls, and three of them were on one hole where the tee box was directly behind a massive lake. I'm not counting those. So really, I only lost 1 ball due to my severe slicing skills.

After the tournament had concluded, I took advantage of my two free drink vouchers. 


I didn't drink these then, though. I'm saving them for a cheat day.

We then went to JalapeƱo's in Tonganoxie. 


I only had 2 chips with a lot of salsa on each. It's good salsa.

I ordered a grilled chicken with chorizo and cheese sauce on top. It came with beans and rice, but I opted for double beans.



It was so good that I wanted to eat like 10 of these plates. And I could've. I wish I would've. 

And that was that! Two bros survived a day of golfing and I ate some good food without getting huge. Sprinkle in some Ferraris on top of that and you got yourself a pretty darn good day right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment