Monday, May 30, 2016

Thank You

First of all, I want to thank everyone who has served, everyone who is currently serving, and everyone who will serve our country to protect my freedom to indulge in the merriment and gaiety that will be described below. Everyone who serves and everyone who knows someone who serves knows the sacrifices endured, and even though I can't ever be thankful enough, I appreciate what that means to me and to everyone else who enjoys the freedom those sacrifices provide. 

That being said, let's get started.

This morning, I slept in! I woke up at 0730 instead of 0530. My mom and I went for a run around the 2.4 mile block. I'm starting to enjoy all this cardio, since maybe it'll help me get lean! Anyway, when we got back, I was yet again soaked with sweat. 

Sidney and I then drove over to the campground and did some sightseeing. We drove around the state park, I took her up down to the river, and I took her around some back roads. It was a moment straight out of every current country song. But I found out why all those songs are about that. It was really fun. Although since she's used to being out in the country, she wasn't as wide-eyed as those singers would have you believe. But oh well, it was still nice.

When we got back, I, like yesterday, deemed a brotein fix to be in order. By this time, it was pretty late in the morning, so brats for breakfast wouldn't be as weird. Not that brats for breakfast would every be weird. Anyway, we grilled them up real nice. 


Again, we had two varieties. This time, though, they were pork based. In the picture above, the leftmost four were bacon cheddar brats, and the rightmost six were cheddar jalapeƱo.


Again, I used the cutting my brats in half method. I only wanted 1 bun, but I wanted to try each variety on a bun. So I cut one of each in half and place each half on a bun.


I ate the rest of the brats straight up, and I had some chips because chips.

We then went for a boat ride. This was the best boat ride of the weekend. The boat was working perfectly. The lake wasn't rough due to wind, and it was beautiful outside. After a while, we stopped in the middle of the lake and jumped in
.

Do you like the white tank top that I'm wearing??

Meanwhile, there was someone very pretty in the seat next to me.


After some more boating, my hat flew off. We retrieved it, I put it back on, and it felt nice. We eventually came back ashore, and then Sidney and I took an impromptu nap. After this, the afternoon was advancing, and we got everything all packed up. It was almost time to put the bookend on a really nice weekend. Once we had got everything packed and loaded into the car, we headed out. Of course, no weekend at the lake would be complete without a trip to Shalkers at the very end. Since we had eaten there yesterday, we only got ice cream today. For some reason, I got the urge to try something other than my Black Raspberry Sundae. I opted instead for a Marshmallow Sundae made with marshmallow fluff and chocolate ice cream.


It was good, but I'm not ready to claim that it was better than the black raspberry.

And with that, the weekend was officially over. It was extremely enjoyable. It was relaxing at times, invigorating at times, tasty at times, and fun all the time.

When we got back to my parents' house, Sidney and I then set off for her house. She, unlike my lazy bum, has to work in the morning. But on the bright side, when we got there, I found that Sidney's mom had made burgers.


It had block Velveeta on it, but I added another slice for good measure, followed with some onions.

I buttered and toasted a bun, and it was ready.


As plasticky as the cheese looks, it was so good. Velveeta is one of the best gifts to the cheese world ever, along with provel. And although both of these cheese's statuses as cheeses can be questioned, I don't care. They taste so good!

Sidney's aunt Lisa then gave me this.


Curious, and on her recommendation, I ripped into it.


It was essentially a berry-laden granola bar with dark chocolate on the bottom. Of course it was good!

And so an amazing weekend was in the books. I'll remember and look back fondly on this weekend forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment