Tuesday, May 31, 2016

84

The day started off pretty good:


It then got better when my mom and I went and played tennis for an hour and a half.

But then it took a turn for the worse. I was mowing the yard when my suburban ignorance reared its ugly little head yet again. This just in: apparently, it is not a smart decision to mow incredibly tall grass directly next to a 7-ft tall picket fence with the mulching cover removed.


But I, with my previously-determined Intelligence Quotient of 84, simply kept on a-going and mowed that lawn good!

To help me rebuild the shattered remains that used to be my self-confidence, I decided to make some cookies. 



I used Sidney's recipe, but there was a problem. I'm not Sidney. Sure, I can mix up any old batch of cookies. I mean, I can read (barely). The issues start to arise when I then must scoop the dough into cookie dough balls. The issues compound further when I then must bake them for the proper length of time. For some reason, they just never turn out like Sidney's. Oh well, that's why she is the Cookie Queen!

The silver lining is that my cookies still tasted good, although they were a little crispy for my liking. I sampled one, you know, for quality control assurance purposes.


The results were slightly ambiguous, so I was forced to sample a second.


These results were more clear, and they passed.

As a snack, I had some blueberries.


For dinner, my mom grilled up some chicken with peppers and onions...


...while I baked a honey mustard marinated pork tenderloin.


I had about 8 ounces of each. I added some Buffalo sauce to the chicken and dipped it in a little ranch.


I also had a spinach and spring mix salad with some fried onions, Monterey Jack cheese, and some ranch.


Afterward, I had about 600 calories left, so I had more.


I actually ended up finishing all of the chicken and pork. I ended up with about 10 ounces of pork and 19 ounces of chicken. I'll take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment