Thursday, June 2, 2016

Fries!

Another day, another unassuming start.


But then I made good on a deal I made with Sidney yesterday. You see, while we still at the game, but a little while after we had eaten, Sidney got hungry again. She said she was in the mood for a chili dog, but she didn't want to pay the extremely inflated ballpark prices. So I suggested that we could swing by Sonic on the way home, to which she seemed overjoyed. But as the game went on, we got tired, and after the game we had no energy to go to Sonic. So we agreed that it would be postponed until the next day.

Well, it was now the next day. So...


The chili dog and tots were hers, but the fries... the fries were mine!


Muahahahahaha!! Yes, I broke down and ordered fries. But it was the smallest option they had, and with a claimed 280 calories, I could make up for it later. I did sample one of her tots, but I volunteered some fries as payment, so it came out about even. Potato for potato.

Let me introduce you to later in the day. Being Thursday, Sidney and I made her cookies for the Farmers' Market this weekend. And, like before, there was a little surplus dough from two separate cookies. Thus another Frankencookie was born! It lives!! IT LIVES!!!!!


But that was still for later. First, I had some making up to do, remember? And what do I do when I have to make up some serious brotein ground?? I turn to my go to, my ol' faithful, my bread and butter. Ok, it's neither bread nor butter, but it is chicken!!


Today, in an attempt to mix it up a little bit, I didn't grill it on the George Foreman grill, I didn't grill it on a traditional grill, and I didn't bake it. No, I melted some butter in a pan and pan fried these things! I added my traditional seasonings of garlic and onion powders, and BOOM!!


With 22 ounces of chicken staring me down, even chicken as good looking as this, I knew I needed something to dip it in. Any kind of chicken in such high quantities must be supplemented with something, but what would it be this time? I had had too much hot sauce too recently, and ranch is too high in calories. I looked through the fridge, and I settled on Miracle Whip!!! I know, I know, eww, right? Well, it was actually pretty good. So there.

Now... it was time. See, eating this much chicken not only made up for my previous french fry binge, but it gave me a little extra room for something sweet. Behold: mutilated Frankencookie!!


Half chocolate chip, half devil's chocolate, this heavyweight in the cookie class hails from Cookie Kingdom, home of the Cookie Queen! It was worth every bite.

And, if you ask the Cookie Queen herself, you just can't have a cookie without some milk. Not one to disobey royalty, I had a small glass.


Then Sidney was in a crafty mood, so we went down to the art room and evoked our inner artists.


There's only one problem with that. Sidney's inner artist is always active and ready to perform, and actually makes up quite a bit of her personality. My inner artist, on the other hand, is a lazy and drunken vagabond who may be here one moment but then gone the next. And in the moments that he shows up, he is usually too far gone to be of any good use. This is evidenced by my painting above.

In stark contrast, check out Sidney's painting below.


Hers actually looks like something that you wouldn't be ashamed to hang a wall in your house that's not right above the toilet or in the furnace room.

But then we moved on to other forms of creative expression. This form was Mod Podge. I was renewed with hope and high expectations of myself. I mean, how hard could it be to glue paper to glass? Well, it turns out it's harder than I expected. But the results were still pretty much in line with what I was going for.


Extra points to anyone who can guess which one is mine and which one is Sidney's.

Here is what they look like in the dark with little tealight candles.


Sidney and I then lit every candle in her room, and let me tell you, she has a lot of candles. In reality, there were around 20 candles lit in this relatively small room. All I'll say is that it looked very romantic, it smelled very good, and it was very, very hot! It felt like we were standing in a makeshift pizza oven, and we were the pizzas! But it was worth it for the prettiness and smell goodiness. And it's amazing how bright little candles can be when there are a lot of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment