Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Pie Day (Wait, it's not March 14th...)

This morning, I found my brotein bar hanging out with some fairies.


Then I spotted this:


Okay, more like I opened the fridge, rummaged around, found the container (knowing full well what was inside), opened it up, beamed upon the glory, contemplated my serving size for a second, then got to work cutting out a piece.


This was a cherry pie made from the cherries I picked and painstakingly pitted. Alright, I have no evidence that these were the exact cherries that I picked and pitted, but they could be! At the very least, they came from the same tree!

Thanks to Sidney's mom for turning these tart cherries into a deliciously sweet pie!


Sidney then left a cookie and glass of milk sitting on the counter.


I took a very small bite of the cookie and a very small sip of the milk.

Later, for lunch, I had a brotein fiber bar.


I then headed in to campus to do some homework (interesting, I know). I was on my way back down from the computer lab when I stopped to admire the scenery.


The pictures don't do it much justice.

Then I approached my home away from home, Haworth Hall, towering toward the blue.


It is this building that the Biology Department calls home, so it is likewise this building that a majority of my classes have been in for the past couple years of so.

I also made a stop by KU's own installment of the Dharma Initiative...


And after finally returning home, I found a lovely dinner prepared by Sidney's mom.




This is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken. It's easy and absolutely delicious.

After dinner, there was still some cherry pie left, so we were quite literally forced to eat it. Sidney and I shared a decent-sized slice.


But there isn't a much better way to start and the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment