Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!!

After yesterday's cheating, and with only one day of Spring left, I needed to do some Spring Cleaning. Maybe this will help:


Or, maybe this will!


Sidney's mom had some left over chocolate pie. How could I say no to that?! Exactly, it's not possible. So I accepted the inevitable, and added some whipped cream for good measure.

Then, Sidney and I headed to my parents' house. My dad introduced me bratwurst patties, and they were actually quite delicious.


This Pac-Man-esque patty was split between my dad and I.


So, let's recap the day in food so far. There's been

  • a fiber brotein bar
  • a fairly small piece of chocolate pie with whipped cream
  • and half of a brat patty
So far, so good with getting back on track with my cut. To add to this, Sidney and I were unable to make it to a late lunch with her cousins, so I was really in the green on food today. And then it went down hill. Check that, it fell of a cliff. My parents then suggested that we go out for dinner. I'm thinking, "Ok, this is fine. I can order well and stay within my calories. This is good. I can do this!"

Then my dad suggested Longhorn. I about screamed out loud, but deep down I really wanted to go back. Having just been there 5 days ago, that wonderful experience was still fresh in my mind. And on that day I was torn between two menu items. This was my chance to experience the other one! Or do I get the Outlaw Ribeye again?? It was really good, after all... Decisions, decisions...

Upon arriving, we were seated immediately, and by a TV where we could witness the Royals' extra innings walk-off against the Tigers. Already a good start. 

Then there was bread. 



I again had a single piece, although this time it wasn't an end piece.


And again I put butter on it.


Then my dad ordered some onion rings for an appetizer. Turns out they're not so much "rings" as they are onion "chunks."


But I had a small serving with some horseradish sauce.


Turns out they're pretty good, so I had some more. The horseradish sauce was too strong for me, though I don't really prefer horseradish anyway, so.


Then my salad came out. Wow, this is some serious deja vu.


Again I made the decision to finish everything in my bowl. Again I succeeded.


This time, though, I was more acutely aware of the tomatoes. I could taste them more this time than the last, though this could be for a number of reasons. I'm still not ready to say that my hatred for them is weakening.

There were a couple pieces of onion thingies left over, so I grabbed one and dipped it in a little butter.


Everything is better with butter!

Then my main course arrived. I decided to go with the other option I had considered last Tuesday. The Primtime Burger is exactly what it sounds like. It's a burger with prime rib on it! I substituted steamed broccoli for my fries, although looking back I should've just gone all in and gotten HUGE! Oh well, the broccoli at Longhorn is really, really good!


The burger also had sauteed onions, Swiss cheese, and mushrooms on it.


It was actually much better than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be really good! I didn't regret not ordering the ribeye!

But on a sentimental note, this is the exact Longhorn restaurant that I waxed so lovingly about in my Tuesday post. This was the exact restaurant I visited so many times with my parents. I can distinctly remember so many individual visits, sitting in different booths and at different tables over the years. All they way back to when I was 7 or 8 I came here with my parents, and here I was, 15 years later, back again with my parents in the restaurant that probably bears the largest significance of any other in my childhood.


But sentimentality aside, we had other business to attend to. And this is where my cut was utterly destroyed. My dad absolutely loves the Turtle Sundae from Freddy's. Fittingly, my mom informed me that she had gotten him a Turtle ice cream cake from Freddy's.


It looked good, and it suggested that it be set out for 5-10 minutes for "best results."



Apparently, we didn't let it sit out long enough. It took about 15 minutes to do this:


But the benefit of cutting a frozen solid cake? Perfect looking slices!


Have you ever seen such a sight? When was the last time you ate a cake with a fork and a steak knife? Yeah, I didn't think so.


After this celebration, Sidney and I then headed back to her parents' house. But on the way we stopped at this shaved ice stand.


We (I) wanted to see if it was the good kind or the bad kind.


Turns out it was pretty much the good kind! Sidney chose the kiwi flavor, and it was very good!

And with that, I wrapped up my second cheat day in as many days. Can I just get one decent cut day, please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment