Friday, April 15, 2016

04.14.2014 Reunions

In accordance with the continuation of my cut, I once again had a brotein shake for breakfast. This, of course, came after my BCAA shake, seeing as it's a non-lifting day (aka a potato day).

For lunch, I was treated to a nice change of scenery. I made my long overdue return to Mrs. E's as a patron. I caught up with old friends whom I haven't seen in ages, I walked around without the feeling of working in the Dish Room looming over my head, and I casually perused the selection of exquisite fares on offer. 

That last bit may have been slightly dramatized, but eh, it sounded good. Anyway, after I had completed my perusing, I settled on the highest-brotein-containing items I could find. Luckily they were ones that I have known previously to taste decent. 

The first item was a chicken and biscuit sandwich. I got two. I spiced them up with a slice of pepper jack for each. The second item was fried cod. I got 4, because they were rather tiny. There were some curious looking fries dubbed "sindwinder" fries, and I simply had to sample them. I grabbed 2 fries. This was the entirety of my lunch, and was slightly more carby than I would've liked, but it was worth it for the company.


Not to fear, both sandwiches had both top and bottom biscuits. The top biscuit of the proximal sandwich has been removed to illustrate the presence of the cheese.

Seeing as how this lunch was quite a bit larger than my usual lunch of a brotein bar, I skipped the bar today. I instead reserved this bar for a mid-afternoon snack around 1600 or so.


By now, it may or may not be clear that I was approaching my daily calorie goal. But Sidney had made burgers, and she had mentioned that they were yummy. When I got home after my physics lab, I broke out the burger patties, heated one up, dressed it up with some cheese, onions, lettuce, ketchup, and a splash of hot sauce, then nestled it comfortably in a bun.


I'll say that this burger definitely lived up to the Sidney standard of excellence. It was delicious.


And I've got a bit of good news. While I was 42 grams of brotein short of my daily goal, I was only 215 calories over. This is actually a rather negligible difference, especially over the course of even just a week or so. Getting to enjoy not only one but two "actual" meals was completely worth it. It was a good day for food today.

No comments:

Post a Comment