Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pink Liquid

I'm really getting into the swing of this cut. Now that I've got my brotein, my BCAAs, and my chicken, I'm a veritable loose cannon of potential leanness. This morning for breakfast, I again had a brotein shake.

For lunch/pre-workout I had a classic brotein bar.

For my post workout recovery, I of course had a brotein shake. But I mixed in my BCAA concoction as well. Now, this all seems perfectly rational. And it is. Except for one thing. My brotein is chocolate brownie-flavored. My BCAA mix is Blue Raspberry. These aren't two flavors I would immediately assume pleasantly complement each other, but what the heck. I dumped both powders in my Blender Bottle and started fervently shaking away. As I was feverishly shaking, I thought of chocolate covered raspberries, and my hopes were thus immediately heightened. Now anxious to taste what I hoped would be magic, I popped the cap off my bottle and took a large sip. 

My hopes were fulfilled! But not in the way I had expected. My concoction did not taste like chocolate covered raspberries, or chocolate covered blue raspberries, whatever blue raspberries are. No, my concoction tasted like...wait for it...wait for it...


...wait for it...


...wait for it...










Now, what you have to realize is that this is quite simply the best tasting medicine of all time. This bubble gum flavored and highly viscous fluid comes out of the refrigerator nice and chilled, and I haven't tasted it in almost forever. But as soon as my chocolate brownie blue raspberry mixture touched my lips, I was so quickly taken aback that I stopped in my tracks and marveled. I marveled at my discovery and I embraced the corresponding nostalgia, though not longing to return to the past but instead reflecting on the past with fondness while beaming with excitement for the future.

When I got home, I started preparing my dinner. As a reminder, my daily brotein goal is about 185 grams of the stuff. With this in mind, my favorite way to achieve this is through the magical powers of chicken. Today, this magic was bestowed in the form of boneless and skinless chicken thighs. They were frozen solid, but instead of thawing them out or messing with them in any way, I threw them straight on to the George Foreman grill. A little while and some BroScience later, they were done. Using the chicken thigh nutrition information that I found in the seemingly infinite MyFitnessPal databases, I calculated that I needed to eat about 1.5 pounds of chicken thighs to reach my brotein goal. So without further ado, I present 1.5(3X) pounds of chicken thighs. 


To add the spice of variety to such a quantity of chicken, I had my trusty ketchup by my side. In all honesty, though, I regularly eat chicken with ketchup, even when it's not out of necessity. It's just such a good combination. Using my food scale, I measure out 85 grams of ketchup, which is exactly 5 servings good for 100 total calories. 

This actually left me about 580 calories shy of my daily limit of 1,848. I decided that I would treat myself to a nice little treat. 


A nice little carby treat consisting of a couple pieces of garlic bread were absolutely perfect. Not only was it nice to taste something carby and delicious today, and although I don't know the exact nutrition info for these pieces of bread, I am certain that these two pieces were under 580 calories. That means that not only did I hit my brotein goal, I was actually under my calories goal. And while being two low on calories may not always be a good thing, as long as I get my brotein in I'll be alright!

Because BroScience.

No comments:

Post a Comment