Friday, March 18, 2016

Spring Break 2016, The Little Apple: Day 2

Due to a seemingly ongoing additive effect, I again still felt quite full this morning. But the call of the doughnut shop that is within a 3-minute walk of our hotel was not to be denied. Spotted from our window yesterday evening, Varsity Donuts just seemed like the perfect and most logical place for breakfast. We got there, perused the selection, and then made ours. 

I went with their versions of the chocolate frosted classic and the Boston/Bavarian cream doughnut that I so cherish.



The Bavarian cream doughnut was not lacking in the Bavarian cream department.

A couple hours later, we met up with the rest of Sidney's family for lunch. We went to Rock a Belly Bar and Deli. I got the Western sandwich, which was roast beef, ham, cheddar cheese, and lettuce on a sourdough hoagie/sub/hero.



Again, this was quite good.

After lunch, we stopped back by Cold Stone. This was the second time in 24 hours that I had been there, so I got something entirely different than last night. I got "All Lovin', No Oven." It's essentially sweet crean ice cream with cookie dough, fudge, and whipped cream mixed in. Again I got the "Love it" siez, but this time in a waffle "cone." I use cone lightly because it more resembled a bowl tipped on its side. Nonetheless, it was good.


It seemed like a an excessively large amount of ice cream, but I persevered and powered through. After finishing the ice cream and cone, I actually felt extremely full. I was rather perplexed by this, but I just waddled on, too pleased with my hugeness to care.

A little later on, I began feeling better, and just in time. Sidney's aunt, uncle, and cousin joined us for drinks in the hotel lounge. I had a mixed drink, but not the same kind as everyone else. I had a personal favorite of mine, a Shirley Temple.


I'll always love Shirley Temples, and this one was even properly dressed with a cherry. After a while of this merriment, we wandered back across the street, this time to the Keltic Star Public House. This is a wonderful representation of a British public house, or pub as they're more commonly known. After a while of waiting and watching some March Madness, we were seated. For an appetizer, I ordered some Scotch eggs for Sidney and I to share.


They were good, consisting of homemade sausage and being hand breaded and fried.

For the main course, I ordered "The Braveheart" burger. It was an angus burger topped with a homemade banger, bacon, ham, and Swiss and cheddar cheeses. For a side I had some chips.



It was actually a really, really good burger. It wasn't a smashed griddle burger, but it was still very good. The chips were also really good; they were just that right amount of crispy.

For dessert, Sidney ordered the bread pudding. I'm not really much of a bread pudding kind of guy, but I tasted it.


It was alright, although Sidney informed me that the bread had not soaked long enough and that it had been overcooked. Ah well, I still thoroughly enjoyed the food, and I felt I did myself a great service in my pursuit of getting huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment