Friday, March 18, 2016

03.17.2016 Spring Break 2016, The Little Apple: Day 1

For the second half of Spring Break 2016, Sidney's family planned a trip to Manhattan. Not being one to voluntarily enter rival territory for no reason, I could only make this exception since Sidney's dad is a KSU alumnus.

But first, I was still recovering from all the food I had eaten yesterday. My entire breakfast consisted of two Pop-Tarts. The frosted s'mores flavor was actually quite good, and tasted like pretty much every other flavor of Pop-Tarts that I've tried. 



It was good source of 400 calories worth of carbs, though, so I didn't complain.

For lunch, I was on the road with Sidney's family bound for Manhattan. We stopped at a convenience store along the way, and I got a couple of non-brotein bars.



These were also a good source of carbs, but they were also really tasty, so again I didn't complain.

Once we got to Manhattan and settled in to our 5-Star hotel, we went out for dinner. Coco Bolos is literally right across the street from our hotel. I mean, it's less than a 2-minute walk. It feels like a Tex-Mex kind of place, but I ordered pasta anyway. I got the seafood pasta, which consisted of penne, shrimp, and lobster in a creamy Monterrey jack cheese sauce. It was delicious.

It came with a side salad, and for the dressing I opted for the jalapeƱo ranch, which was also quite delicious.


This all but filled me up, which is surprising, I know. But, again, I was still feeling the effects of yesterday's gluttony and hugeness getting fest.

For dessert, we stopped by the Coldstone that is also within a 5-minute walk of our hotel. I got "Chocolate Devotion" in the "Love it" size (read: medium).


No comments:

Post a Comment