Monday, March 14, 2016

Happy Pi Day!!!

On a day named after carbs, it was only fitting to eat carbs! And it was no ordinary pi day. No, this year being March 14, 2016 meant that, if rounded to the nearest ten thousandth place, the value of pi would exactly equal today's date (3.14159 -> 3.1416). How neat is that? That's pretty neat!

But on to more important matters. And by "more important," I mean food. I started off the day with some leftovers from the previous night. I did not eat any of this last night, but leftovers they were. I started this blog more than three months ago with a nice breakfast of biscuits and gravy, and now I've come full circle. I had three biscuits with sausage gravy.


It was such a nice day today, as well. As such, I decided to take a break from my attempts to get some studying done (which is quite difficult during spring break) and sit outside and enjoy the weather. And as nice as the weather really was, I still felt as though there was something missing. Luckily, I had the perfect snack on hand. A miniature peanut butter cup complemented my rest and relaxation to the fullest extent.


Later, back at my parents' house, I found this:


Perfectly fitting, given today's date, but slated for a later consumption. First, I had some gains to burn.

As if running a 5K wasn't enough to make me tiny, I'm also a tennis player at heart. This makes me a non-traditional bro, but hey, it's who I am and what I do. So, I won't sacrifice a session of tennis for fear of losing my gains. The courts my mom and I played on were ones I frequented back in my high school tennis glory days. They now feature several sketchy cracks, one of which is reminiscent of a Californian fault line ready to blow.


But no matter! We played on without much of a hindrance. Upon returning home, however, I wanted to make sure I salvaged as much of my gains as possible. Look, even though I'm a tennis playing bro doesn't mean I don't care about my gains. I do. That being said, I dove right in to some apple pie a la mode while working out what my more substantial gains would come from.


It was eventually determined that my gains would come from ground breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar jack cheese, and some big flour tortillas.


I used the plural form of tortilla because:


And although my burrito wrapping level is n00b, they tasted good and filled me with adequate gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment