Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spring Break 2016 Indian Buffetology: Part 1

Waking up this morning, I was still feeling the effects of yesterday's race. Slightly unnerved, I knew I needed more food to stave of the encroaching tininess. The results of my mirror test this morning came back positive for Stage 1 acute neomuscular atrophitis. I took immediate action.


I had a Bavarian cream-filled, chocolate frosted doughnut.


It was wonderful, and helped stop the atrophy of my muscles.

But, sounding like a broken record, I still needed more food. And when hefty quantities of food are needed, there is one option that far exceeds all others. Buffets are simply the way to go when getting huge.


And there aren't many buffet styles that can beat a good Indian buffet.


Now, since I've been to a few Indian buffets in the past, I had a fairly good idea of what I was in for. But don't let my advanced proficiency in Indian buffets prevent you following basic Buffetology procedures of sampling and then selection.

That being said, I started off looking for my favorite Indian food item, Butter Chicken. Strangely, this was not present on the buffet. However, they did have Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken "Mango," and vegetable Korma. I started with these three and some rice. When I got back to the table, I was offered a leg of Tandoori chicken. I immediately accepted the offer.


A few seconds later, I was offered some garlic naan. Again, I immediately and enthusiastically accepted.


Almost as soon as I finished my first plate, I was offered some vegetable pakora, and not being one to turn down food, I accepted.


It was now time to go back for more. I got the same three things as the first go around, only in bigger portions. And this time, everything was fresh out of the pan. I didn't get any rice this time, and I opted against additional Tandoori Chicken simply for efficiency of eating.


I did, however, restock my naan supply. I got four more pieces for sauce cleanup.


I also got some Mango Lassi, because it's delicious and has calories. It's made from mangos and yogurt, for crying out loud. Of course it's delicious!


I had musings of repeating my excessive consumption of Gulab Jamun a la Korma Sutra, but this buffet did not feature that dessert. This was probably for the best, as even though I'm on a get huge quest, I don't need that much carb and sugar heavy gluttony. But it would've been nice to have a couple (or 12). They instead had rice pudding, and though incredibly sweet, could not live up to the hot, fried, wet deliciousness of Gulab Jamun.


Like the last time I visited an Indian buffet, I thought that I would be eating no more food that day. But, like last time, I was wrong.

It all started when I had a solitary serving of some of the best fruit snacks ever.


At this point, I was reasonably confident that I had protected myself from getting tiny, but I just wanted to make sure. I had a cinnamon roll from QuikTrip, which I warmed up in the microwave for 20 seconds. It was really like the combination of a cinnamon roll and a glazed doughnut. Needless to say, it was good.

Sidney and I returned to her parents' house later in the night, and I found my dessert. I sealed the deal on today's hugeness with a biscuit.


Overall, I would call today a success in getting huge. Stay tuned for Spring Break 2016 Indian Buffetology: Part 2 coming later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment