Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The War of the Carbs

Somehow, today turned into the Day of the Carb. Unlike the Martian tripods, though, today's carb invaders face no opposition. Indeed, quite the contrary. Every carb that confronted me was welcomed with open mouth. I added some variety to my daily bar regimen with some complimenting citrus.


Besides these three bars and three mandarins, I had an additional bar for breakfast. 

Upon my earlier than planned return home, I quickly found myself at the mercy of the second wave of carb siege. Last night's pool-of-butter biscuits remained in about half their original quantity, and, sitting so near, I could not resist their buttery goodness. 


I had probably three of these moderately sized biscuits. But that wasn't where it ended. A very kind soul offered me some Valentine's candy, to which I exuberantly accepted. I proceeded to eat it all on the spot.

  
I really had forgotten how tasty Reese's peanut butter cups (Hearts, in this case) are.


Carby and delicious as all of this stuff was, it was truly only the beginning. It was barely the proverbial whine of the starter motor to the thunderous growl of a big block V8 engine roaring to life and then bouncing off of the rev limiter near 6,000 RPM. 

What that means is that there were many more carbs to follow. One of the highest taste:effort foods of all time is the dinner that was prepared tonight. See Super Easy Baked Mac n Cheese.



Add to this yet another biscuit and a slice of buttered sourdough, along with a token salad with crunchy carbs on top, and I've got myself an extremely carby day! At least I didn't lift today.

And to celebrate my laziness, I got a second serving of macaroni and cheese, albeit slightly smaller than the first.

In the immortal words of my future mother-in-law: "Moo."

No comments:

Post a Comment