Monday, February 15, 2016

Invisible Gains

I say invisible, but that's really a lie. I began my metabolic respirations for the day on a slightly more starvation sensation, downing a scoop of brotein. Then, for lunch/preworkout, one brotein and one granola bar. Post workout, I had another scoop of brotein, supplemented with three mandarins for some quick carbs (and L-ascorbic acid).


As dinner time neared, I knew I had to make some serious gains to recover from all the leg work I did at the gym. The bread from last night was called upon.


I had this slice, followed by two more slices. I also shared a portion of Sidney's seafood pasta. It was simply mouth wateringly delicious.


I then got the completely unexpected surprise of and additional slice of bread. My procurement of said slice materialized in such a way I never could have predicted. Sidney, constantly professing her love of butter, was quick to slather on a very generous layer of the stuff. She took a bite, and, out of nowhere, proceeded to place the bread on my plate. Answering mine and others' puzzled, confused, and utterly incredulous facial expressions, she explained, to the categorical shock and dismay of everyone in the room, myself included. that there was simply too much butter on the bread. Sure that my ears had just out-and-out deceived me, I double checked her to definitively ascertain that she had truly meant what she had just spoken. Confirming the affirmative, I wasted no more time, and quickly initiated my enjoyment of the single most thoroughly buttered, in terms of sheer thickness, slice of bread in my life.
 

Next, it was time for the actual dinner to commence. Oh no, what I had just eaten was merely a warm up. For dinner, we had so called "pool of butter" biscuits. Essentially, these are biscuits that are made in a pan. The name comes, quite literally, from the fact that, before placing the biscuit dough into the pan, a veritable pool of melted butter is poured into the pan to a visually discernible depth. This makes for some delicious biscuits, let me tell you.


Upon these buttery delights, what I shall call traditional pot pit fillings were generously piled.


I say it ever and again, and shall continue to do so: it is such a special pleasure when the carbs that are making you huge also taste amazing. It really is a win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment