Thursday, February 11, 2016

Brotein Broverload!!

When spending more than 12 hours away from home, it can be challenging to maintain gains throughout the day. I like to eat at fairly regular intervals, say every three hours or so. I don't mean multi-course meals, but just some calories to keep my metabolism churning away. This is generally where my beloved bars come in really handy. They are perfect for those midday snacks, but the problem arises when I must go from 0900 to 2100 without leaving campus. There are plenty of places to get food, sure. But at the same time I don't feel like spending copious amounts of money on food. So I bring food. Again, this is where the bars come in handy. They don't need to be chilled, so they eliminate the need for me to carry around additional baggage. Bottom line: they're just really convenient. But when those 12 hour days crop up, it becomes a little ridiculous and monotonous to tote around upwards of a half-dozen bars (I like to eat two for lunch, because, let's be honest, 170 calories worth of food is just plain not enough).

But today, I was blessed with a gift from the gains divine. Broseidon, via his favorite pawn Brodysseus, bestowed upon me 240 calories worth of pure gains. What I'm talking about is a bag of potato chips. I ate these after I had exhausted my stores of bars and directly before my 2-hour physics lab. All the fat and the carbs were sure to give me a much-needed energy boost, all the while helping me get huge. 



Sure enough, this bonus held me over, although barely, until I could ultimately return home and make some serious gains. I didn't waste any time getting to it, and, surprisingly, I ended up eating more than I had expected. But no matter! It's far better to over-eat than to under-eat when trying to get huge. I'll just get bigger than I thought, and faster too!

I ripped open the fridge doors, retrieved yesterday's chicken, supplemented it with some grilled chicken thighs, and popped all of it into the nuclear reactor.


I know that this may seem like a lot. After all, the plate is almost completely covered in delicious gains. But, of course, me being a bro, this was simply not enough. And it's not like I'm forcing myself to eat to misery; I am just generally really hungry. And, not worrying about calories, I eat until I feel like I got an appropriate amount of huge. Once I feel like I've gotten big enough for one day, I stop. Getting big: it really is that simple, folks.


For bookkeeping purposes, this second plate brings the tally to 3 legs and 4 thighs. I was one leg away from eating the bottom half of 2 chickens. I thank them very sincerely for their contributions.

And, being a non-lifting day (and also being quite full), I opted against any carbs, sweet or otherwise, and skipped dessert altogether.  

No comments:

Post a Comment