Wednesday, February 10, 2016

CCCW!!!!

Bars, bars, bar, again with bars! Haven't we all had enough bars?! Quite simply, no! They're too convenient and quite tasty. One brotein bar for breakfast, and three granola bars for lunch/pre-workout. I had my usual two scoops of pure brotein after my workout.


This is where interesting developments developed. Being a shade over three weeks into the semester, I deemed it the right time to purchase a required lab manual. As such, I begrudgingly sauntered to the bookstore and purchased a lab manual. This is really where things get hairy. The bookstore is in the Union. This very quickly becomes incredibly important.

You see, I have a healthy love affair (more of an unhealthy addiction, really) with a delicacy known as the Crunchy Chicken Cheddar Wrap. It is only sold at a few places, and it is the best thing available at any food service location on campus. That being said, one of those locations happens to be in the Union. The bookstore, being on the 2nd level of the Union, is only a paltry 20 steps away from the blissful wrap mentioned above. And I, having not had the pleasure of enjoying one in a great long while (3 months, perhaps), and having just come from the gym in need of some serious recovery, quickly convinced myself that I should get one. With the decision made, I, almost without touching a single one, hurriedly traversed the 20 step case and got in line.

There are couple things to know about the Crunchy Chicken Cheddar Wrap. It starts with a 12-inch cheddar jalapeno flour tortilla. Shredded lettuce begins the procession of delicious fillings. Then, as the name implies, fried chicken tenders are first chopped and then placed atop the lettuce. Following soon after is a shredded cheddar-jack blend. After this point, I deviate slightly from the prescribed fillings. I emphatically veto tomatoes, and instead add a modest portion of chopped red onions, followed by an additional slice of cheese (pepper jack, of course!). Then, to top it all off, I opt for a rather copious amount of chipotle ranch complimented by a little bit of hot sauce. It really doesn't get better than this. My mouth is analogous to Niagara Falls at this very moment. 


To all those who know and who are familiar, this is a magical sight. The anticipation is incredible at this point. 



The flavors just come together and compliment each other so well. Actually, though try as I might, I cannot accurately describe this experience with any kind of justice being served to this artful creation. Also, as a bonus, it's a good source of carbs and brotein, which is perfect for a bro fresh out the gym!

But as good as it is, it certainly isn't filling in the slightest. Trust me, I've previously eaten two at a time and felt none the heavier. It really is more about quality over quantity. But a lack in quantity won't help me get huge. 

That brings me to dinner, where more deliciousness was in store. It came in the form of more chicken, this time legs and thighs, perfectly baked (this means they're as healthy as can be). Steamed broccoli and diced potatoes with a dinner roll round out this wonderfully tasted bud-tingling gains fest. 


So far, it's been a far superior day from a food perspective. But, as now I fully trust you see coming from 10,000 miles away, it's time to end it right. I went to the gym today, so that can only mean one thing. Ice cream for dessert! 



Carbs = huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment