Monday, December 26, 2016

Family Christmas, Round 3

The morning after Christmas, I awoke to find some biscuits and gravy! What a great smell to wake up to in the morning.


I had a quick bite of the biscuits and gravy, but unfortunately Sidney and I had to rush back to her parents' house for their family Christmas.


This one would be Italian themed, which I could get on board with!  There was lasagna...


...garlic bread...


...and pizza pizza!!!


I got some lasagna, some bread, a couple slices of pizza, and some kale salad.


I would recommend going for an Italian themed Christmas dinner if you decide to make it yourself.

For our contribution, Sidney and I made an authentic Italian cheesecake. This was the first cheesecake we had ever attempted to make, so it wasn't the prettiest cheesecake ever.


But appearance isn't important. What is important is how it tastes. This cheesecake also has no crust, so there is even more pressure on the cheesecake itself to taste good. Well, here goes nothing...


I am proud to report that this cheesecake was very good! It wasn't too sweet, and it wasn't too sour. With cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and sour cream, I was a little skeptical. But my skepticism was put to rest quite quickly. This was one of my personal favorite cheesecakes that I've ever had. I was quite proud of this cheesecake.

I then had a chocolate cookie and a cashew turtle.


Again, this was a good combination of time with family and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment