Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Huge, Part 1

When Sidney and I arrived at her parents' house, the first person to greet me was my Little Man, Bruno. He's obviously missed me since Sidney and I moved out!


But then I noticed that a lot of the food was starting to take shape!


As soon as everyone was there and all the food was done, I loaded up my plate. It was glorious.


There was just so many delicious things to get. From the turkey and gravy to the mashed potatoes and stuffing, there were fresh rolls, homemade butter, deviled eggs, and more.


There was also the mandarin orange salad that I had made. Everyone referred to it affectionately as "orange fluff."


Here's a view of the homemade butter:


We made that by shaking a mason jar full of heavy cream until it separated. It's hard work! But it's so worth it.

I eventually got seconds of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and some yummy cranberry "sauce" that Sidney made.


I also got some more mandarin orange salad.


Later, after everyone stopped complaining about how full they were, it was time for dessert. There were several options. There was Sidney's homemade apple pie, there was Kristin's pecan cheesecake, and there was a store-bought pie.


I got some of Sidney's pie and some of Kristin's cheesecake.


But to be honest, the store-bought pie was actually pretty good according to others in attendance. It wasn't as good as Sidney's pie, obviously, but it was a reasonable substitute in a pinch.

Now to prepare for tomorrow's HUGENESS...

No comments:

Post a Comment