Thursday, June 30, 2016

Rocks on Rocks on Rocks

Let's play a game called Find the Brotein...


Did you find it? I sure hope so, because I had some work to do and I need the energy!

I headed out to pick up some more rocks. You know, I'm getting pretty good at this rock picking up business. Pretty soon I'll be a Class 1 rock wizard. It did afford the opportunity for a pretty beautiful view, though.


After a couple hours of picking rocks up out the field, it started to rain. Now, I'm not afraid of a little rain, but I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of a field with nothing to my name but a load of rocks. So I dumped the ones I had and went home.

I wanted a broteinous snack, but I also wanted to conserve my brotein bars as much as possible. I got to looking at the nutrition info on my peanut powder and realized that it has a lower calorie:brotein than the dang brotein bars! So, I doubled the serving size for a total of 140 calories and 16 grams of brotein.


This time I did add a couple teaspoons of sugar just to sweeten it up some. Unlike PB2, this is just straight up peanut powder.


I mixed in some water until it had a consistency that I liked and dug in.


It still didn't taste a whole lot like peanut butter, but I didn't expect it to. It did, however taste like extremely dry peanuts. Either way, it was a good little brotein snack.

And it's a good thing I went light on the calories so far today, because for dinner it was suggested that we order Chinese food from Rice House. And y'all know, I ain't one to turn down some Rice House!


I have no idea how many calories are in this container, but I ate them all. I really wanted to eat half and save the other half for a later date, but as I was eating the beef and broccoli I knew that that wasn't a possibility. I then decided to save just the carby lo mein for later. But then I made the mistake of taking a bite, and once that happened it was all over. Before I knew it all the food was gone. I did do some manual labor today, so that could help prevent any unintended hugeness. Miraculously (or maybe not so), I didn't feel full afterward, so maybe I really didn't eat too too much food. I'm starting to think, though, that I'll never feel full again.

Sidney's dad then offered up some sweet corn, for just a test of maturity if nothing else.


It was still a little young, but it still tasted good. Plus all that fiber will really help a bro on a high brotein diet out.

I later found the remnants of some cake that had just been baked. These cake pan liners were still covered with crumbs from a freshly made carrot cake, and I wasn't about to let them go to waste.



Yes, that's right. I shamelessly scraped them with a fork and collected all the yummy wonderfulness onto a plate.


I took one small bite and then gave the rest to Sideny. I mean, it is her cake after all. It's only right if she gets to enjoy the biggest part of the preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment