Monday, June 27, 2016

Giant Mutant Chickens

Before we get to the mutants, we of course must mention the true hero of any bro's cut:


And again, for lunch...


Then I had some errands to do. I stopped in to Westlake to get some spider traps, and there was random Tesla Model X outside. They're looking less and less like cars and more and more like ETVs (extra terrestrial vehicles).


Yes, I blatantly ripped off this term from the kit car of the same name.

Moving on, when I got back home, I needed a little mid-afternoon snack, but I didn't want to eat my third brotein bar of the day. So I  grabbed some nuts instead.


This little snack held me off until dinner. Another motivating factor was that I knew dinner was going to be amazing. I would cook some chicken legs on the grill with some Montreal seasoning. And since these legs still had the skin on them, they would be nice and crispy and extra delicious!

Here they are about mid-cook:


And here is the oh so glorious finished product.


I left Sidney's mom and sister in charge of the sides, so I knew it was going to be a very good dinner all around. They made a kale salad with cranberries and walnuts and finished it with some cheese and garlicky vinaigrette dressing.


It was so good. Like seriously. Sidney's mom also cooked up some red potatoes for a proper side. 

It was a glorious dinner. It really was. I picked up the biggest leg, and it was almost as big as a dinner plate! Seriously, this chicken must have been a total bro. But it's obvious he never skipped leg day!!


After all this deliciousness, I really had no idea how many calories I had eaten since I didn't weigh anything. I wanted more of something, and the item with the biggest surplus was the salad. So I got more.


I think this is the first time that I've gone back for seconds and the seconds only consisted of more salad. But this salad was just that good.

A little later, we noticed that there was only one slice of that incredibly amazing chocolate pie left, so we split it between everyone. I had a single unbelievably delicious bite.


I savored this bite of pie like I've never savored anything before. I made sure I enjoyed every last bit of it to the fullest extent. It was the perfect bite, with the perfect ratio of crust to chocolate truffle filling to whipped cream. It was also the perfect bite to end the day on. Mmmmmmm!! It's just so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment