Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Traitor!!!

Brotein bar for breakfast? Sounds good to me. 


Brotein bar for lunch? Sounds good to me.


My entire day from about 0830 to about 1730 was taken up by searching for and reading scientific articles. This can be quite interesting, but it can also be quite monotonous. I took a break around noon to eat lunch, then I went back to work. By the time dinner rolled around, it was decided (out of the necessity to use old ingredients) that we would be having Eggs Benedict. Notice you don't hear me complaining! This would be only the second time I'd ever eaten proper Eggs Benedict. The first time left a good lasting impression on me, so I was excited.

I was in charge of buttering and toasting the English muffins. Here they are before the addition of the hollandaise sauce.


And here they are after! They've also been garnished with a little paprika.


The hollandaise was delicious and buttery with a hint of dijon. The eggs were perfectly cooked with the whites set and the yolks still magnificently runny.


Just look at this deliciousness. Look at it!!


After eating two, there were a few extras, so I had one more.


Unlike last night, I knew about how many calories I had eaten, and I was well under my daily limit. The one variable I was unsure about was the hollandaise sauce. I don't really know how much I ate, so I decided to be done eating. But this was a very satisfying meal, and one that I think deserves to be made more often, especially when I'm not cutting! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment