Saturday, April 9, 2016

Cheating Like Raffaele de Simone

What is it going to take to make you people understand what a cheat day is?? It's now clear that I'm going to have to cheat every day until you foul, loathsome, evil little dung beetles can get it through your thick skulls what it means to have a cheat day.

This time, I didn't start with the mundane. Today was the first Farmers' Market of the year, and with that comes one thing: breakfast burritos! These burritos contain scrambled eggs, cheese, potatoes, and in this case, sausage.


And with these burritos comes another thing: the best salsa ever!


Seriously, this is the best salsa I have ever had. There's just something about it that my unrefined taste buds can't quite put words to, but it is amazing.

And that was it for a while.

A little later, I joined my parents and Scott at the newly-opened local Zaxby's. I had heard good things about this mostly southern chicken joint, so we gave it a shot.

Other than a few questionable organizational issues, the experience was good. The food was pretty tasty.


I got a combination of boneless wing with their "Original" Buffalo sauce along with some chicken tenders and fries with a slice of Texas toast and some celery. There was "Zaxby's Sauce" and ranch for dipping.

After this tasty dinner, we headed down the road to see a movie. And, being me, I have to have a bag of Sour Patch Kids during the movie. But, incredibly, this movie theater didn't carry Sour Patch Kids. I opted for a childhood favorite of mine: Sour Skittles.


Once the movie got going, I started eating the Skittles. I got about half way through when I could swear I could taste blood. So I stopped eating the Skittles.

After the movie and after I bade my parents adieu, Scott and I headed back to Lawrence. When we got there, we found that Sylas and Maddy's was still open, so we went in. I got my regular: a single waffle cone of Da Bomb and Chocolate Fudge Brownie.


This is by far the best ice cream and best waffle cone ever created by human beings. I will argue that with anyone.

Now, if you had read the title carefully, and if you have a knowledge of cars that's in the 99th percentile, you'd know that there was more to this day than previously mentioned. In case you're like the common 99% of people and aren't obsessed with cars, Raffaele de Simone is Ferrari's lead test driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment