Friday, March 11, 2016

Midnight Snacks

I agreed to drive Andrew to the airport this morning. But since he was returning to NY, his flight couldn't have been at a reasonable time like 0700. Oh no, it was scheduled for a 0550 departure. And no, Andrew couldn't have been located close to the airport. Indeed, he was located almost an hour away. And since I was about 20 minutes away from Andrew and needed to get gas, I woke up at 0330 this morning. Still fully asleep, I grabbed a chocolate covered butter cookie on my way through the kitchen in near total darkness. 


 ***these pictures are from later in the day when I had a second cookie. I was in no shape to take a picture earlier in the morning.

Like yesterday, albeit for different reasons, I left myself stranded for a large part of the day with no food. So, similarly, I had to wait until returning home to eat. This time, it was about 9 hours. When I got home, I had a few small handfuls of M&Ms.


I also found a brownie lounging on the counter.


And there was a community of crackers looking for a fearless leader. I had probably 10 or so crackers.

Oddly enough, this somewhat satiated my appetite, and once again with seemingly small portions. My stomach must be shrinking due to the lack of use in the past couple days.

Later, I returned to my parents' house, finally home for Spring Break. I caught a whiff of that classic chicken salad scent, and I was like a newly vegetarian shark relapsing into carnivorism upon catching a whiff of a confused blue fish's blood. I, however, needed no intervention. I indulged in some delicious chicken salad, prepared by my dad, and placed between two surprisingly ultra soft slices of wheat bread.


Of course, I would need some meat at some point. Enter...


 ...beef brisket pastrami. It was interesting and slightly expired. Not too bad, but a little. I feel fine, though, so it was obviously still good. I had a fairly large slice, of which I'm sure the majority of the mass was salt.


Later, for a bedtime and 5k-eve snack, I had a graham cracker broken into bite sized pieces and dipped in peanut butter.

It's never too early, or too late, to carb up!

No comments:

Post a Comment