Friday, March 11, 2016

03.10.2016 Pre-Test Carbing Up Done Right

Midterms can be taxing on the CNS. So, with just that scenario bearing down on me this morning, I loaded up on early morning carbs to ensure my large hunk of grey matter had an ample supply of its primary energy source. Yes, glucose is a wonderful thing neurologically speaking. So I ate bunch of carbs before I left home and then headed off to my Systematics midterm.


Unfortunately, when lunchtime rolled around, I realized that I had eaten both my breakfast and lunch's worth of not only carbs but food in general. So, I starved until I got home, which incidentally was about 6 hours after I had consumed my breakfast of mostly sugar. To put it simply, I was in need of some sustenance.

Luckily, I found a slow cooker full of "Drunken Pintos." Some freshly boiled quinoa (kwee-noh), some freshly chopped parsley, and some frozen cheddar cheese made this a delicious meal.


For some reason, even given the amount of sugarous carbs I had eaten earlier in the day, I felt the need to eat more sugarous carbs. At least this time the sugar was extra-healthy since it came in the form of a fruit.


This combination of beans, grains, and sugar surprisingly satiated my appetite rather well. But, alas, this was not to last. Soon enough, and under the whimsy of the power of suggestion, I would come to eat yet again. At the suggestion of pizza, I couldn't say no. I mean, who says no to pizza? (No one, that's who.)


On top of these slices, I had a couple more. This would mark the end of my caloric intake for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment