Sunday, January 10, 2016

Welcome to the Brocean



After all the aforementioned traveling, it's nice to unwind with the sweet scent of saltwater wafting through the air. Clearwater Beach is quite the venue for such unwinding. Not only does it have sand and a brocean lapping at its shores, it's got what every bro on a get big quest needs: food! And it's not all just dollar hot dogs and snow cones. There are some truly saliva flow-inducing culinary creations, and today I partook in a truly tasty sample of what Florida does best. (The answer is seafood for all you inlanders)

But before the seafood, I warmed up with one of my favorite comfort foods. Buffalo chicken with copious amounts of ranch is simply irresistible. Normally served in the form of a wing (or drumette), these were boneless and more closely resembled strips, but I'm not complaining. They were quite good.


The form of seafood I chose to consume was in the form of a small decapod crustacean. A true classic, my shrimp po' boy today featured golden fried white gulf shrimp, lettuce, onions, and a tangy aioli sauce on a baguette. Ever the health conscious eater (heavy sarcasm), I opted for steamed broccoli on the side.


I also sampled a very respectable take on a Cajun-themed pasta. It featured penne in a creamy sauce with blackened chicken and andouille sausage. 



No comments:

Post a Comment