Thursday, January 14, 2016

Chicken, Pork, and Gasbroline

Rarely does a single day contain the awesomeness that today did. It started off like any other clichéd day, with a granola bar.


But then, out of absolutely nowhere, things began to change. And change for the better they did. And it all started with - get this - a trip to the local grocery store. Exciting right?! This is one of those new-fangled, fancy pants grocery stores that offers a full-service sandwich shop right in its own deli. At first, I was skeptical. In general, I'm not one for deli sandwiches. But the store's pre-made Cuban sandwich that everyone was raving about had pickles on it, and, being extremely adverse to the taste of pickles, I opted against that option. There were other pre-made sandwich options available, but none that really tickled my fancy. So, I thought I'd give the build-a-sandwich option a shot. When I got to looking, the options were seemingly endless. I'm sure I could've ordered a caviar and platinum sandwich with moose cheese, pule, gold doubloons and diamond dressing on an Italian silk and Myanmar painite bun, but I opted for more traditional ingredients. I ended up with a Buffalo chicken tender sub with cheddar, pepper jack, spinach, onions, ranch, and a little parmesan sprinkled on top, all on an Italian white bread. 


Later in the evening, in celebration of a birthday, it was decided that barbecue would be the genre of food consumed in mass quantities. I've had great barbecue, and Florida isn't known for such greatness of barbecue, but this particular place had very good reviews. So I dove in, mouth first, and ordered a full slab of baby back ribs with a side of fries. For being deep in the heart of seafood country, they were very decent ribs. They didn't exist for long once I got ahold of them. 


And if all this greatness wasn't enough, there was even more. Again, in celebration of a birthday, we had dessert. And what do you have for dessert on a birthday? Well, in broism, tradition dictates that cake and ice cream must be consumed after dinner, regardless of the level of satiety experienced from said aforementioned dinner. But this is where it gets interesting. The cake that I had the pleasure and honor of consuming today was no ordinary cake. It was from the same grocery store previously mentioned in this tale of greatness. But again, this was not an average grocery store cake. Oh no. Oh my merciless carb overlord no. This cake was incredible. It was a super moist, rich chocolate cake with a strawberry glaze between the layers. It had wonderfully creamy and smooth chocolate frosting, irresistible chocolate covered strawberries, and chocolate bark on top. Its sides were coated in thinly sliced almonds. All this culminated in one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever eaten. And I've eaten many a chocolate cake. Seriously, it was THAT good. It was complimented by vanilla and chocolate malt frozen custard. 




Ok, this day was very near perfect. Really, nothing could make this day any better. But wait! Yes, there's more!!! Unbelievably, there's more!!! Caution: this last bit is not food related. But anyone who knows me well will understand why this last bit may make this perfect day just that little bit better.













No comments:

Post a Comment