Monday, January 4, 2016

BIG Update...

And I mean BIG. Today was a big day. Everything about it was big. I woke up, went to the gym and got huge, and then went and got an InBody bioelectrical impedance analysis body scan to assess the hugeness. The votes have been tallied and the results are in. And they do not disappoint on hugeness.

According to the results, my "vitals" are:

Total body weight:............178.7 lbs
Lean body mass:...............150.4 lbs
Skeletal muscle mass:.........86.6 lbs
Body fat mass:....................28.4 lbs

These figures equate to a body composition of 15.9% body fat. Ideally, I would like to be in the 8-10% body fat range, but that ain't happening while eating big. That endeavor is slated to begin later in the year, around the time referred to by some as March.

But I digress.

To realistically track a body transformation, numbers on paper aren't the most important determinant. The most important barometer of body transformation is the Mirror Test. This test is relatively straight forward to perform. Simply stand in front of a mirror and assess. If a change in physical appearance is observed, progress is taking place. There is one important caveat worthy of consideration. There's no need to perform the Mirror Test on a daily basis. Doing so would be akin to watching grass grow. Body transformations happen slowly, so once a month is plenty for this test; any more frequent and any changes may go unnoticed.

So, I will perform a variation of the Mirror Test. Sadly, though, to avoid the stigma of the overdone mirror selfie, I will post a traditional photograph of my physique.

So, with all that being said, here is the initial canvas.

And on a different note, with it's schedule, today's food aspect was much less diverse. I had a scoop of protein before the gym, two scoops after, and some grilled chicken for dinner. It was tasty, though, and it reminded me of how much I love me some good old-fashioned brotein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment