Thursday, May 12, 2016

Chicken Jerky

Today was a pretty long day. I worked 2 shifts today, and although it was only 6 hours, it felt like 600. Luckily, Quinn was also working today. By the time my second shift started, he was working in the deli. Now, Quinn is a master of the deli. Using the commercial grade toaster oven, he has perfected it is very own cheese cracker recipe and his very own chicken jerky recipe. Basically both involve the dehydration of their respective ingredients, but the cheese cracker is much more involved. But he agreed to make me some chicken jerky, which did wonders in uplifting my spirits and getting me through my shift.


And if it looks like deli chicken that has been pressed in a Panini press and then toasted in the toaster oven multiple times, that's because that's exactly what it is. I will say that it was tasty, though extra salty having been dehydrated so much.

Once my shifts finally reached their conclusions, I was hungry. I had only eaten a single fiber brotein bar on the day, so I needed some food.


Luckily, it was a good day for food at Mrs. E's. They had smoke turkey breast, of which I got a hefty serving size.


They also had sweet potatoes, corn, steamed carrots and broccoli, and crab rangoons. I got as little sweet potatoes as I could, and I only got one crab rangoon. Gotta watch dose carbs, ya know!


No comments:

Post a Comment